Does D* have a Piracy problem...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
...like E* claims to have. If not, why doesn't E* use the same protection system? Is it proprietary?

D* used to due to cards that could be reprogrammed by hackers. However, I don't believe that is a problem anymore for D*.

I believe OJ Simpson got in trouble one time for that.

...like E* claims to have. If not, why doesn't E* use the same protection system? Is it proprietary?

I wouldn't necessarily say the the CAS that D* uses is more secure from a technology standpoint.

But what D* has done is put the fear of God into the people that would have the skills to pull off a hack.

A bit of research will show that when D* was being hacked by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that D* went on a legal parade. Even suing people who bought simple ISO7816 interfaces. The same type of device used to interact with a AmEx Blue card.

Basically it is the fear of the legal sh*t storm that keeps D* from being hacked publicly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)