Does DirectTV have any receivers that compare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does TVio still require a seperate, $10 +/- fee to use their service?

I could never understand why anyone would pay their fee when other free options were available.

i have been with direct only a few days - so far there are things i like about my HR-21 .. and only a couple of things that i guess could be a "negative" for those that need the features.

Hardware wise .. 722 and 622 have the edge with the three recordings at a time - over the air tuner and TV2 output .. however in my opinion the software for Directv's receivers is streets ahead of the 622 that I had for the past 18 months.

As i only have a one room setup - and as the OTA add-on for the HR-21 is only a couple of weeks away from being a reality - for me at least - the Directv receiver is a much "better" fit.

I like the on-demand stuff, - i like the media player software - I prefer the guide navigation and layout (jump to a date/time feature is nice) the channel switch is a little slower than the 622 - but overall .. for my use at least ... the HR-21 is the better bit of kit.

(p.s. my wife prefers it too - and that's worth a LOT for those of us that have been married a while ;) )

Now - if we could get the HR-21 body (looks prettier) with the Dish network hardware features and the Directv software ... we'd all have to find something else to disagree about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)