Does DISH activate receivers on Saturdays & Sundays?

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I suppose the answer to Saturdays is 'yes', since my 622 install is scheduled for a Saturday, but is there a time that they're 'closed'? Will they activate on a Sunday?

The reason I ask is because my install date is scheduled for 1 week from today, but my wife and I are almost through watching all the content on the HDD of our 942, and the 622 is just sitting here waiting to be installed. I intend to swap it out as soon as we've seen everything on the 942's HDD. I'll call DISH and 'duke it out' until they agree to activate my 622, but I didn't want to be wasting my time by trying it during a time in which they're 'closed'.

PS: I already have all the hardware (Dish 500 pointed @ 110/119 & Dish 300 pointed @ 61.5---all through DP34 and currently being used on the 942. Therefore this is only a swap-out. Obviously an installer is unnecessary.

Dish call center is like the local whore house, there never closed. There are people there EVERY day of the year, 24/7. And yes that includes christmas and all holidays. I always hate installing on holidays.

unless your in extreame south texas you will still want that D1000 installed to make full use of the mpg4 programming coming off the 129 sat

d1000 isn't suppose to have a satellite foortprint that will cover ... brownsville area .... it falls short of covering the entire US ..... but does cover majority

your 622 .... are you going to a HDbronze , silver, gold , plat. package?
or just the enabling fee?

because ... i don't beileve they are simucasting the mpg4 programming off the 61.5
esp when you are in the footprint of the D1000

aren't they phasing out the 61.5 satellitefor HD .... anyone know?
because that's what i had heard ...
the dish 1000 was free to install under a new cust promo AND under the dish'in it up promotions for existing customers then why put mpg4 programming on the satellite that is sending out mpg2 programming to "legacy HD recvrs" (811/941/942)

The following dmas in Texas can not see the 129 satellite: Corpus Christi, Harlegin and Laredo . Basically anywhere south of Victoria , Texas .

MikeD-C05 said:
The following dmas in Texas can not see the 129 satellite: Corpus Christi, Harlegin and Laredo . Basically anywhere south of Victoria , Texas .

Due to a somewhat unique condition, I prefer to have 2 dishes (500 pointed @ 110/119 and 300 pointed @ 61.5)

Why will I need 129?

Thanks.

mera said:
because ... i don't beileve they are simucasting the mpg4 programming off the 61.5
esp when you are in the footprint of the D1000
What could the footprint POSSIBLY have to do with simulcasting?

mera said:
aren't they phasing out the 61.5 satellitefor HD .... anyone know?
because that's what i had heard ...
You heard wrong. It's simply NOT going to happen - the 129 slot is too low for the northeast - and that's nothing to do with the fact that the bird that's there has an offset footprint (but that IS why S. Texas & S. Fla. have trouble with 129 right now).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts