Does DISH allow more than one 522 or 625?

Easy-g

Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
Greetings.

We are considering purchasing a second DVR unit for our house, but we aren't exactly sure if Dish will activate it for us. We already have a leased 522 that is hooked up to two of our TVs, and the other two TVs are running off a standard receiver. We wanted to add a DVR to those TVs as well. We called Dish support three different times, and each call was pretty much inconclusive, as we seemed to get a different answer from each person we talked to. The first one said that we could have a second DVR, but they wouldn't lease it to us, and suggested that we buy one from ebay or a local retailer. We contacted a local retailer and were told that the 522 has been discontinued by Dish, and they recomended that we get a 625. We asked them our question, and they said they called Dish and were told that it would be alright. Still unsure, we called Dish back and asked them if they would activate it if we were to purchase one, and this person said that they don't allow more than one DVR unit per customer because they would use "too much draw from the signal" and the units would have poor reception. So we are totally clueless as to what we should do at this point.

Since this seems to be a very knowledgable group on these matters, I thought that someone here might be able to help us out. We're not getting anywhere with those buffoons at Dish customer support.

Thank you for your time :)

Hi Easy-g ,
"allow more than one DVR unit per customer because they would use "too much draw from the signal" is the biggest *&^$#### I have ever heard.
We have 1x921,1x942 and 1x625 and even when we take a shower together the signal stays the same. :D
On top of this page you see several sponsors of this forum - call one of them and ask - they will be glad to help.
Good Luck!

Hey maybe a newbie (me) can help!

If you go through their order process online, you can order 2 DVRs for 3 rooms, one dual tuner 625 and then one single tuner DVR (forgot the number), but you are charged $5 for the additional receiver, and $10 in DVR fees ($5 per receiver). I don't think you can order two 625s though.

Hope that helps!!!

it depends if Easy-g is a new customer or an existing customer. If they are an existing customer, than they might not meet the requirements for this offer.
I am assuming that they are not new customers. So the cheapest way might be to get one receiver from E-Bay - BUT - make sure - before you bit - to get the:
Receiver CA ID and the # Smart Card ID # - then you call Dish - give them the 2 numbers and ask, if those #'s are free of any open charges - if not - you bid for it.
Lets assume you win - next thing you call Dish and get this receiver registered AND you sign up for this Dish Insurance plan - around $5.- a month and in case your receivers goes south - Dish will repair and/or exchange it.
Good Luck !

"too much draw from the signal"

Where do they get these IDIOTS?

Using standard E* hardware, and THEIR installation rules, you can drive as many as FORTY-EIGHT receivers from a single Dish500 (using DP Dual LNBs, DP Splitters, and 12 DP switches). If you use DPP44's and dual-tuner boxes, that can be 96 tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)