does Dish do 1080p?

To clear things up for you, no network broadcasts in 1080P. Dish receivers like the 722, 612, and Hopper can do 1080P if the material is in 1080P. For Dish that is a couple of VOD movies here and there. The receiver will automatically switch to 1080P, and before buying the movie the receiver will do a check to be sure you can see 1080P. (Are using an HDMI cable and have a 1080P capable TV)

Mike - Do you feel you see any difference watching in up-converted 1080P from 1080I?

For that matter all digital TV's "up convert" 1080i to 1080p because lcd, plasma and all similar displays are progressive by nature.

Only CRT displays actually display the picture interlaced.

Up converting interlaced to progressive will still not guarantee you get rid of the interlacing artifacts.

Mike - Do you feel you see any difference watching in up-converted 1080P from 1080I?

The only difference in quality would be the difference in quality of the built-in scaler/deinterlacer in the TV and the quality of the scaler/deinterlacer in the Revue unit. If the TV already had a decent quality scaler/deinterlacer, then teh Revue unit could only look just as good. If the scaler/deinterlacer in the TV is not that great then perhaps there is a chance that the Revue unit would give better PQ.

Let me say this: IF I was watching a DISH vod in 1080p , I would say yes I see a difference. But as far as the regular satellite tv channels, I don't really see a Wow difference. They all look smoother and more uniform to me in upconverted 1080p. But of course I am talking about HD channels and Ota locals in hd. The Sd channels like Tv Land still look like Crap, even in upconverted 1080p. But overall I am happy I can watch in 1080p in my living room and in my computer room -using an hdmi splitter. I put my DISH receiver in 1080i and then my google revue unit in 1080p. This gives me the best picture. I tried 720p on my sat receiver ,but it doesn't give the same effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)