Does Dish ever plan to get Comcast sportsnet???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chucksrt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Bensalem, pa
I really liked dish and miss their dvr receivers! I now have Verizon Fios and it is nice but for the price their equipment sucks!!! The only reason I left Dish is because Fios became available and they carry comcast sportsnet. I will never go back to Comcast!!!! So has anyone heard anything about if Dish ever decides to get comcast sportsnet? Thanks, Chuck

I guess the question is Comcast Sports Net ever going to negotiate in good faith with DISH, and DIRECTV.

Clearly Directv works to resolve these issues and has a good track record, and they do not even carry the channel. I know your question was about Dish, but the fact that Directv also does not carry the channel show that the problem is not Dish, but rather Comcrap.

I assume you mean CSN Philly?

I guess I wouldnt hold your breath for long. Even though the FCC closed the loophole that CSN Philly was exploiting so they didnt have to put it on satellite now CSN is asking for a huge amount of money for Dish and Direct to carry it. Neither carry it right now and probably wont for a while

I'm fortunate that Dish has had Comcast SportsNet (Mid-Atlantic) for many years. Wonder why CSN has agreed to have Dish carry some areas but not others.

easy

CSN Mid Atlantic came from the old HTS (Home Team Sports) channel thats been around forever and has been on big dish (C-Band satellite...although scrambled)
CSN Philly....well I'm lazy to retype it so here is the wiki reason

Unlike most other cable networks, CSN Philadelphia is distributed only via microwave and fiber optics. The infrastructure Comcast uses for this was left over from the now defunct PRISM Network. Since CSN Philadelphia does not uplink its signal to any satellite, Comcast was able to avoid an FCC regulation that requires most television channels to be offered to direct broadcast satellite (DBS) companies (known as the "terrestrial loophole").

Thanks for the bad news! lol That stinks! I am with verizon until comcrap decides to break bread with Dish and let them carry CSN philly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)