Does dish know if I have a tailgator??

Jimmerinwi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Midwest
I currently have a 722, 222, (both K's), 211K and 311 on my account. I want to upgrade to the Hopper now that OTA seems to be getting close. The thing is, I sometimes use my 211 at my camper so I would really hate to lose the use of it for that reason. If I was to tell Dish I use the 211 for a tailgator, how exactly do they know I don't have? They are available at many places other than Dish, is there something you need to activate on it?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can be bought elsewhere. I don't think they'll know or care, so long as you own, not lease, that ViP211 series receiver.

Who knows, down the road you might decide to get the Tailgater.

No activation of the antenna.

"Close" - the new "soon?" ;)

navychop said:
Can be bought elsewhere. I don't think they'll know or care, so long as you own, not lease, that ViP211 series receiver.

Who knows, down the road you might decide to get the Tailgater.

No activation of the antenna.

"Close" - the new "soon?" ;)

I do own the 211 so maybe once OTA is released I'll pull the trigger. Would just be a lot easier than dragging a Hopper to the camper. Thanks

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can now have a 211k on a Hopper account! This way you can still use your Tailgater! :D

So if I understand right, a 211k is allowed. Is this a policy change? I know at first it was strictly Hopper OR VIP, no mixed installs.

Yup, no problems having a 211k on a Hopper account. I activated my 211k for football season and I have a Hopper. I'll just deactivate it again after the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts