Does Dish Network show media bias in programming packages?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Whether intentional or not and as long as both are carried by Dish Network, for them to restrict the availability of the HD feed of one major 24/7 news channel from the same programming venue where another exists amounts to media discrimination, plain and simple.

CNN-HD should be equally available in the same programming packages as FNC-HD......................................................wait a minute, it's the other way around............get the point?:eek:

Since when has FNC been a news channel? It's entertainment.

Yea, I am sick of this! DIY Network is in AT250 and HGTV is in AT100! How dare they discriminate against the DIY'er! I want all channels available in one programming package!

Since ratings have it the #1 NEWS channel!

So what? They probably consider MTV a music channel. Politics aside, Hannity, Oreily and co. (and Olbermann on MSNBC) do not deliver news. They provide entertaining commentary. I feel sorry for those ignorant enough to think otherwise.

If you want actual news, just watch your local news(hopefully in HD by now) or national news every night which is in HD for sure. Or just use the internet. In the end, it all comes down to how much E* has to pay for contracts to carry the channels.

Isn't FNC more expensive than CNN?
Yes, and that is the only reason it is in a higher package.

I also have to pay $10 more for the HD Platinum to get NBA TV...Dish must hate NBA fans

So what? They probably consider MTV a music channel. Politics aside, Hannity, Oreily and co. (and Olbermann on MSNBC) do not deliver news. They provide entertaining commentary. I feel sorry for those ignorant enough to think otherwise.

I really could care less whether you feel sorry for us "ignorant" people. FWIW it is "O'Reilly" not Oreily!. :D

Yes, and that is the only reason it is in a higher package.

I though FNC was in Bronze now.

In fact, isn't FNC in the "Family Pack"? That's the cheapest package, and it has no other news (except Bloomberg.) The fundementalists who forced that package only like to hear what they want to hear. I'm surprised they don't complain about getting The Science Channel since they don't believe in that either.

They are all entertainment, and in my view a joke

Since when has FNC been a news channel? It's entertainment.

Bloomberg comes close to just reporting the news, albiet with a business implication, and provides both sides. The Bloomberg newspeople for the most part do not interject personal opinion or bias on a story

Whether it is Fox, CNBC, CNN, etc. they try to "create" reaction, i.e. a form of "yellow journalism", to attract viewers

Whether it is Fox, CNBC, CNN, etc. they try to "create" reaction, i.e. a form of "yellow journalism", to attract viewers

Some are worse than others (looking at you FNC and MSNBC), and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with channels that feature biased political commentary. It's just very disturbing that so many people believe it to be "fair and balanced" news! LOL!

If you want real news skip all the cable channels and go to Huffington Post. No wait scratch that. They are the liberals liberal.

Some are worse than others (looking at you FNC and MSNBC), and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with channels that feature biased political commentary. It's just very disturbing that so many people believe it to be "fair and balanced" news! LOL!

Actually, during the Presidential race an independent organization rated Fox News as the most balanced coverage on television.

Fox News only looks biased when you compare it to its left-leaning competition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)