Does Dish or the ViP722 offer OTA HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Does Dish or the ViP722 offer OTA HD? I haven't gone HD yet, I have Dish with the 625 receiver but will be going HD this Fall. I was wondering about OTA HD and if I had to buy an external dish so I could get my local CW in HD via OTA and still record the shows on the VIP722.

Does Dish or the ViP722 offer OTA HD? I haven't gone HD yet, I have Dish with the 625 receiver but will be going HD this Fall. I was wondering about OTA HD and if I had to buy an external dish so I could get my local CW in HD via OTA and still record the shows on the VIP722.
The 722 has one OTA tuner which you would feed with an indoor or outdoor antenna (pending distance to towers), not a dish. So, you could record three programs at the same time, one OTA and two Sats.

Yes, the 722 has an OTA input and seamlessly integrates thoses channels into the guide and DVR functions. When I went HD after 12 years of SD with the "other" sat provider, the 722 unit sealed the deal. Not to mention the other guys wanted me to pay them $300 for their DVR that does much less. -Ken

Actually you CAN wtch OTA on TV@ witha 722 or 622. you would however have to record it first. although you could start the recording an then simply restart it while it is in progress.