Does Dish still install a free antenna?

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
When I lost my distant nets, Dish came and installed a free antenna in my house because I am in an unserved area (no locals - even SD). My wife's parents house burned down in July and they are rebuilding and are ready for Dish Network to come and hook a dish up to their new house. They live in the same DMA. Does anyone know if they would also install an antenna since they are in a DMA that does not have locals?

They just might when doing dishing it up and other promotions on the retailer sight I see an option for square shooter antenna about $99 but its offered as an upgrade so won’t hart to call and find out

The only antenna offers I have seen are for customers who are getting HD equipment and live in a market where HD Locals are not available.

When your parents get ready for new service have them call the Dishstore and take advantage of our rebate offer!

They already have service, they are just getting service hooked up at their new house. Dish has offered to hook them up for free because of the house burning down. AND they live 60 miles from Kansas City where most of the channels are that they want so an indoor antenna won't work. They said they will call and see. Thanks for the comments.

They just might when doing dishing it up and other promotions on the retailer sight I see an option for square shooter antenna about $99 but its offered as an upgrade so won’t hart to call and find out

As I understand it, the Dishin' It Up promo does not include the dish itself. Even if you do not subscribe to your locals through Dish and finally want to add them then you have to pay like $60 for a tech to come out and change out the dish or add an lnb to be able to get the local sat.(depending on what dish you actually have)

It you use DishN' It Up to go from an SD tuner to an HD tuner the new dish IS included if needed.

Otherwise you would get only 6 or 8 HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)