Does Dish use two dishes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dishnetisforme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
California
Hi I just ordered Dish from AT$T Dish.I was wanting to find out if they put up two Dishes or just one to receive all the channels?The AT&T guy couldnt tell me.Im just wanting to know what to expect with Dish.Thanks!

It depends where you live.. I see you're from California so I guess they could just put up one dish, although you would get better signal from two. It shouldn't matter as long as the setup isn't ugly.

chrisw27 said:
It depends where you live.. I see you're from California so I guess they could just put up one dish, although you would get better signal from two. It shouldn't matter as long as the setup isn't ugly.

ok thanks.

Dishnetisforme said:
Hi I just ordered Dish from AT$T Dish.I was wanting to find out if they put up two Dishes or just one to receive all the channels?The AT&T guy couldnt tell me.Im just wanting to know what to expect with Dish.Thanks!
Alaska , Hawaii and Puerto Rico Must use 2 dishes for programing.

technoguy said:
Alaska , Hawaii and Puerto Rico Must use 2 dishes for programing.
Would this be true even to receive HD programming? I'm really thinking of jumping into HD, but LOS could be a problem for me with all the trees. Detroit area.

the reason AK, HI and PR need 2 dishes is because they need larger dishes (and those can't be skewed)

HI uses a 30"
AK uses a 4 footer
PR uses 6 footer

Detroit would use a D1000

Iceberg said:
sorry :)

I always here people saying they use a 1.8m...maybe thats for 110
Trust me,we don't anymore,On the beginning of Dishnetwork in Puerto Rico that was the standard even now some Retailers sell those for HD, just to be uniform on the setup,But that setup can cost the costumer around $2,500:confused: .But is not necessary for programing,I always install my costumers 4 footers just in case because the signals drops sometimes.But only as a precaution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)