Does Dishonline and HBO to Go load on Google TV Revue

M

MikeL DISH

I came across your post, kalone, and thought it was interesting! Google TV will allow you web access and integrates your DVR when you perform searches for movies or shows. It won't integrate to the 922. DISHOnline is a website in beta that gives movies and shows that you can watch if you subscribe to them. If you don't, you need to upgrade your package. You can rent movies from DISHOnline, as well. Like DISHOnline, HBO to Go has movies that you can watch if you subscribe to HBO.

Hope that helps!

kalone

SatelliteGuys Family
May 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
I know what they are but can you watch them with the Google TVRevue, this would fill in the gap that I use Netflix streaming for now. Even at $4 a month it would be less than Netflix, but then I know I have to purchase the box @$179.

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
When I read your initial post, there had been no replies yet. So, I decided to bring it up on my GoogleTV Revue. Worked perfectly, I am pleased to say. Unlike other attempts to stream video from the Chrome site, this one streamed as smoothly as a (fill in your favorite cliche). Conversely, last Monday, I tried to stream the Boston Marathon from the local CBS affiliate in Boston, and it would not come up. So, needless to say, this was a real treat.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I tried it last night ,after subscribing to HBO again , and it looks great on my HD tv using my google revue unit. I watched the season finale of True Blood again and it looked as good as from the satellite. I like the vod quality of being able to watch any episodes of shows when I want too.

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
I believe Mike and I have disagreed about this before, but if you have a good 1080p HDTV, then you should let it do the conversion rather than any outside device (unless it is super high-end) as the processor in the TV is likely much better than the other device. If you have a lower end TV then it doesn't really matter either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)