Does E* allow adding programming online

danb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Everytime I've ever tried it I always get an error message, saying I need to call to change programming. I would think to add programming you should be able to do it online without using chat or calling. In the past I've used chat just fine, but why not the option to hit one button to add something you want. I've been a sub for about 2 years. Do others have the same issue or are you able to add via the web site. Thanks.

Same here. Why is the Cinemax Penny deal so confusing to Dish computers?

Everytime I've ever tried it I always get an error message, saying I need to call to change programming. I would think to add programming you should be able to do it online without using chat or calling. In the past I've used chat just fine, but why not the option to hit one button to add something you want. I've been a sub for about 2 years. Do others have the same issue or are you able to add via the web site. Thanks.

I had to use chat on Sunday night to swap out my showtime for hbo. It went well and no drop add fees on my account either. As for adding without contacting E* by phone or chat; it's been well over a year for me since I could do that just online at my account page.

It does seem that the Cinemax deal is related to the problem. How about a poll ? Someone make one ? It would be as simple as "If you have the Cinemax-for-a-penny offer, can you add programming through Dish's website ? If you don't have the Cinemax deal, please don't vote."

I don't think there is one culprit. I've had different packages and configurations and sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't... I could not absolutely conclude anything, but here are a educated guesses based upon what I had at the time:
--I was unable to 'downgrade' when I had AEP (marketing?--they don't want downgrading to be so easy).
--Can only upgrade to packages that are compatible with the equipment they think you have. (I purchased a 110/118/119/129 dish off E-bay and tried to go online to subscribe to German channels but it said I did not have the necessary equipment b/c their system showed me with just a 110/119/129 dish.)
--Cinemax for a penny deal (as mentioned)

I'm sure there are times when nobody can do anything online because their system is down too...

I had no problems changing programing on line, and it was quick. I don't have the cinemax one cent deal.

I had Cinemax one cent autopay deal, could not add nor cancel programming via internet. Had to call Dish for any changes. After cancelling Cinemax after the year over the phone, I immediately went to Dish on the internet and could use the function of adding or canceling programming internet.

Don't have the Cinemax deal and just changed my programming online this morning. Had the three months HBO, Starz and Platinum HD taken off, no problems doing that except they also took off my Gold HD so I was getting no HD. Used online chat and had the Gold HD restored without any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts