Does every HD thread in the warzone need to become a testimonial to sportspacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Not to take away from the the opinions of others, nor put down the importance or significance of the products in question, but over the past few monthes it seems like every general HD thread presenting itself in the warzone has become hijacked by the same few people and transformed into a testimonial of their appreciation fo the sports packages. Recent poll threads I've launched have shown these few to clearly be in the minority.

Anyways, with that being said, is there a separate discussion forum dedicated to sports packages so these folks can have a forum to freely express themselves without convoluting existing discussions? It does seem appropriate that they would, though I must admit I have not checked if such a forum exists already.

I don't mean to complain, but with the absence of Voom, such comparitive discussions are more meaningful than ever...it would be nice to actually be able to have one. :)

Thank you.

because it may be something that requires either extra moderation, a separate forum dedicated to the topic, or someone of a higher authority to tell me that its no big deal...

...though some would consider open and consistant thread hijacking to be a big deal, that's not my decision...

its just a concern. if it doesn't belong here, all I can do is apologize. i'm sure it will be moved if necessary...

Not to take away from the the opinions of others, nor put down the importance or significance of the products in question, but over the past few monthes it seems like every general HD thread presenting itself in the warzone has become hijacked by the same few people and transformed into a testimonial of their appreciation fo the sports packages. Recent poll threads I've launched have shown these few to clearly be in the minority.
Nobody is hijacking anything Vampz. Just like other packages, if sports packages are a reason for their choice or opinion, they are simply just expressing that reason. Just because you have an issue with sports packages does not mean you must have the same issue with those that like sports packages.

please don't disrespect the operations center by carrying on your flamewar with me here. I posted a legitimate topic for review by credible, non-biased administrative resources and I am prepared to accept their decision.

this is no place to bicker...

okay guys, this isnt really a place to carry your wars, lets not start any personal attacks.
just browsing the warzone, I have gone into 5 threads, and of those 5 one had a couple posts about sports, so I dont see it. I know their are alot of mods (I see ferg and ice in there quite a bit) that go in there on a regular basis, and I know they will keep it as clean as possible!

FYI...Dodgerking just closed the loop on hijacking another thread.

Like I said, this is a serious problem...the thread was about E*....

Iceberg is in there moderating, but has his hands full at the moment with a newbie who's running a drop E* campaign that borderlines on spam...

Look, I know I'm a pain in the butt about all this, and apologies all around, but all I really look forward too is a decent comparitive discussion without the hostile take-over from sportsfans of every single thread. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks...and sorry for being so persistant about this. But I'm just trying to help.

... you cannot have a genuine discussion about the hd - if you are going to refuse to talk about the only things that make one service different from the other.

is that one item really the only thing that makes them different? because if it really is, than ...

nope - but you don't want to talk about the channel count - or the "fox advantage" either apparently ... what exactly do you want to talk about ?

If you eliminate any talking point that makes them different .. why start new threads at all asking for discussion. ?

Folks, please stop that discussion here!

Vampz26 asked a question in the operations center and that is what this thread is about. It is not about the validity of his request.

Now having said that, I took a look int he war zone just now and, though I do not really see an issue, I do see where Vamps26 might think all the threads end up talking about the sports packs. But I do not see any highjacking going on. I will keep an eye on it.

But to answer your question Vamps26, there is no "sports war forum" nor will there be one to my knowledge. The sports forum is for the discussion of sports events, schedules, athletes, etc., not the difference in services except where TV playback schedules and blackout areas are concerned. I am not the last word on this issue, though.

Again, I (and I'm sure other mods) will be more sensitve to this issue int he future.

See ya
Tony

There seems to be trend recently where warzone fights end up here when someone ends up losing and argument.

If someone feels that something has crossed the line, use the abuse button. Then respect the decision of the mods. Posting here doesn't really accomplish anything because inevitably it turns out that the claim is exagerated and the mods are simply doing their job, and usually very well.

There seems to be trend recently where warzone fights end up here when someone ends up losing and argument.

If someone feels that something has crossed the line, use the abuse button. Then respect the decision of the mods. Posting here doesn't really accomplish anything because inevitably it turns out that the claim is exagerated and the mods are simply doing their job, and usually very well.

To bad there wasn't an argument to win or loose here...just a small group of people who insist on dictating the opinions of others in the warzone. Believe me, if an actual argument was allowed to happen, we probably wouldn't have a problem. ;)

Besides, the abuse is by a group, not an individual...so the abuse button is...well...not really practical, thats why I posted here, but I understand your point.

Thank you Tony for your attention to this matter and giving it the serious attention it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)