Does Gregg Loewen give discounts to members of forums?

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Hello. I am considering getting Gregg Loewen over to ISF my HDTV. I was wondering if anyone knows if he gives discounts to forum members, like many online electronics retailers do? Thank you to all who reply!

Yup he is worth every single cent spent.

Gregg will be doing work on my mother new HDTV at the end of the month. :)

I will also be meeting with Gregg at CES over the week.

So he doesn't give discounts for being a member of anything (maybe not forums?)? I understand he is worth every cent, but that is still alot of money to put into something that is going to go down in value as fast as a TV does. Thanks for your help so far, both of you!

Scott,

Tell Gregg to swing through Arkysaw on the way back from CES. :)

I've been on his 'pending' list since July 2.

I can wait a little longer I guess. :rainbow :rainbow

After he gets through with your set, you will be embarrassed that you asked that question and will want to pay him extra.

Gregg does donate $25.00 of your calibration to Hometheaterspot.com if you reference that website when contacting him for calibration.

That gives you a 1 year membership to the site or upgrades your current membership.

I don't know what he does for SatelliteGuys.US members.

mini1 said:
Hello. I am considering getting Gregg Loewen over to ISF my HDTV. I was wondering if anyone knows if he gives discounts to forum members, like many online electronics retailers do? Thank you to all who reply!

Sorry, what does ISF stand for ?

Here's what it does

xrf1 said:
Sorry, what does ISF stand for ?
I have attached a report of what my set was like before and after Gregg calibrated it. I have a lot of experience with televisions and electronics and I had already calibrated my set to the best of my abilities with an Avia disc. As you can see on the report, my set was still way off. Keep in mind Gregg does a lot more to your set than just a standard ISF calibration. He was in my home for 4 hours.

Attachments

• icemanisf.jpg
    icemanisf.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 251
Iceman said:
I have attached a report of what my set was like before and after Gregg calibrated it. I have a lot of experience with televisions and electronics and I had already calibrated my set to the best of my abilities with an Avia disc. As you can see on the report, my set was still way off. Keep in mind Gregg does a lot more to your set than just a standard ISF calibration. He was in my home for 4 hours.

May I ask, how much did he charge you ? What does the cost depend on ?

Do you really see a difference after that ?

Thanks,

xrf1 said:
May I ask, how much did he charge you ? What does the cost depend on ?

Do you really see a difference after that ?

Thanks,
His prices vary based on what type(not brand) of set you have and how many inputs you want calibrated, and so on.

I had the 480i and 1080i inputs calibrated. I think the total price was between $500-$600. To answer your last question; it was worth EVERY penny!

So, to those of you who have seen the 55' mits drop to around $1500 and can't see spending the money on Gregg to calibrate it, you really need to reconsider. You will be glad you did.

WOW, small world. I just caught this thread because of Greggs name. A friend of mine here had him ISF his "hated Toshiba".......night & day difference. I have Gregg booked to do mine in March. I'm still not sure about the black material lining he puts inside a CRT RPTV....though I may just say, go ahead.

Barney

There is a big price range, my 34" Sony XBR CRT is going to cost $275 total.

I had Greg do my Mits WS65807 in Sept and it was worth every penny of $550. I opted not to have him to the cloth on the inside but may have him do it on the 1yr. checkup.

You wont be disapointed i promise you that.

hi guys!!

I am finally getting packed up after CES, at the Detroit airport right now, then home tonight.

I have found the discounting my services only devalues my service (over the long term), however, I do offer discounts for multiple displays calibrated at the same location.

Lion AV has also just struck a deal with dts. Starting Monday, with every calibration booked, the client will receive a dts demo # 9 disc as a thank you. I was just on ebay and noticed that this disc has been selling for 25-$51. This thank you gift is offered to all LionAV bookings and not just Gregg Loewen services.

To recap pricing:
$50 travel if south of the Hartford / Boston corridor (or anywhere else in the country if booked as part of a tour). this price quote is only applicable for Gregg Loewen bookings
$225 for direct view tubes - non high def
$275 for HD direct view tubes (3 inputs / scan rates)
$400 for lcd dlp (front or rear) and plasmas (3 scan rates / inputs)
$400 for crt RPTVs, complete setup and 1 scan rate calibration
add 150 for crt RPTVs for HD scan rate
add 150 for crt rptv for optional duvetyne cloth lining

Unique services include:
I2C reprogramming on Mitsubishi sets
Photoresearch 650 spectroradiometer used for specific Samsung dlp sets ($15,000 reference instrumnent)
Pioneer C3 interface / programming for Pioneer Elite plasmas AND NOW Pro 530 and 730 HDI RPTV sets

Feel free to email me directly if you have questions, or you can just call my cell phone at 201 232 3380

Regards

Gregg

Wow, Thanks Gregg. I didn't think you would reply, as I had forgotten you were a member of this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts