does HD only package include CCTV4?

kchnew

Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
My neighbor only subscribes for the HD only package. But he told me he could receive the CCTV4 program. So is CCTV4 included in the HD only package or just a preview? His dish does appear bigger than mine. Big thanks!

HD ONLY Package includes:

CCTV-9 Dish Channel 265 English SD Feed Only
CCTV-E Dish Channel 884 Español SD Feed Only

One can only asume you must subscribe to CCTV-4.
I must add, I do not see 148, 118.7, nor 61.5 w/my 3 LNB head as I'm only pointed and locked on 110, 119, and 129
The Dish Network website says the following about CCTV-4:

Category: INTERNATIONAL
Description: CCTV-4 provides millions of Chinese Americans in the U.S. with great Mandarin Chinese programming packed with news, documentaries, talk shows and much more.

Satellite: 148 Channel: 582
Satellite: 118.7 Channel: 681
Satellite: 61.5 Channel: 582

Available in:

CHINESE PLUS PACK
GREAT WALL (WITH LOCALS)
GREAT WALL TV PACKAGE​

CCTV International (CCTV-9) is the English-language 24-hour news channel of the People's Republic of China (Mainland), China Central Television, China´s largest national TV network.

CCTV International (CCTV-9) is the English-language 24-hour news channel of China Central Television, China´s largest national TV network. Launched on September 25, 2000, CCTV International is dedicated to reporting news and information to its global audience, with a special focus on China. With a team of experienced and committed journalists, CCTV International is China´s contribution to greater diversity and more perspective in the global information flow.

Last edited:
I'm getting CCTV4 with the HD Only package on ch# 681 off of 118.7. I don't subscribe to it, and no idea if it is on free preview, but I'm getting it (in SD, of course). I do have a 1000+ that picks up 110, 118.7, 119 and 129. Most of the Intl channels are on 118.7 and mirrored on 61.5

There are a number of Intl channels that I seem to get permanently, and some that go in and out of free preview.

GOOD NEWS...

Conformed with a Dish Tech, CCTV-4 is included (FREE) in the HD OLNLY Package, but the catch... you'll need a Dish 1000 or an additional parabolic antenna (+other hardware to pull it off).

You can pay as little as $1.95 p/mo for EuroNews (á la carte) to qualify for a Dish 1000, but it's a 24 month contract commitment.

The other way around the 24 month contract commitment, $199.95 for the Dish 1000 pro-install.

Or, pop up an additional single LNB dish, but you'll need some additional switch equipment. Iceberg is one of the masters of that realm, perhaps he'll chime in.

BTW... can anyone make a list of free international channels if you can see 118.7 or 148? I'd really like to get some international programming, but don't want to purchased packages needlessly.