Does HD Theater = HDNet Movies

Yup HD Theater use to be called Discovery HD Theater, but they found they people were getting the channel confused with Discovery HD, so they dropped the Discovery name from the channel. Most of the shows are from Discovery, TLC and Science channel.

HDNet movies is just movies and only movies (some great movies at times!) :)

Thats the difference between the two.

I was wondering because last night I finally switched from Ultimate HD package to Silver 200 with HD, but I didn't loose HDNet Movies. Is that a glitch?

HDnet is part of the Platinum package which is now bundled in with standard HD programing....if you add it new....

I have noticed American Choppers on Monday nights looks upconverted and where there use to be one commercial break there are many.

In fact HD net Movies has a premiere Wed. It's called Red Cliff and is showing before it hits theaters.

I think they did that before, it was a while ago. It was a movie about some kids that killed a dog and the dog's owner goes after them...I can't remember the name of it. It was back when I still had cable, so it had to be before June. It wasn't a bad movie.

I looked it up on IMDB. It was titled "Red" and was released in October '08.

I think HD Theater needs to change its name. The name totally implies that they play movies. In fact, there is no "theater" aspect to the channel at all.