Does Heroes live up to the hype?

I fell asleep before the end of last night's ep. That can't be a good sign.

And I am so friggin' sick of that Hiro dude. Next time he throws his arms is the air for some dumbass "wheeeee!"-type yell (last night it was, "I'm sweeet!" :rolleyes: ", I'd like to see someone rip those arms off and beat him over the head with 'em. Maybe that would wipe that idiotic look off his face. (NOT my favorite character!)

I am tired already of the "save the cheerleader. save the world" nonsense that they have been throwing at us since episode 1. This is getting boring...

I watched it while working on the computer and couldn't figure out what was going on. I was going to try to watch it again, but think I will just delete it.

Heroes Recruits Captain Sulu

by Natalie Finn
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:15:09 PM PST
Superman had Jor-El. Batman has Wayne Manor. And now Hiro Nakamura has Captain Sulu.
Figuring all great Heroes need to have come from somewhere, the hit NBC series has tapped Star Trek icon George Takei to play the father of Hiro Nakamura, the plucky Japanese office worker who happens to be able to bend the space-time continuum.
Source and the rest of article at e-online.com

It will be interesting to see what role Hiro's dad has in the show, since I assume he is in Japan; and Hiro is in the U.S.

Tomorrow we are supposed to learn why they need to save the cheerleader. I am curious if they will pull off a good episode. I am giving them a 50-50 chance.

I liked last night's ep -- likely because it was relatively Hiro-free. Now they say we get all the answers next week, and I think they said something about getting to know Sylar a bit, or someething. But I'm not really an "answers" hound -- just entertain me for an hour at a time. Last night, they did it. Basically, when they focus on Claire or Nikki (is that the psycho-chick's name?), I like it.

I just saw this week's episode.

I thought we were supposed to get the answers tonight. The cheerleader was saved, but WHO was the bad-guy? That was unclear to me; and who was the woman at the end who told him to sleep?

I really WANT to like this show, but it gets a bit harder each week to do so.

I thought we were supposed to get the answers tonight. The cheerleader was saved, but WHO was the bad-guy? That was unclear to me; and who was the woman at the end who told him to sleep?

The bad guy was Sylar. He was the one going around killing all the gifted. Apparently his gift is some kind of telekinesis ability which let him throws people around and opens up skulls. He was the one who killed the old professor where he probably got the list of all the gifted people. He also broke the face of his watch during the killing. He also killed the waitress whom Hiro went back in time to try to save. We will probably learn his story tonight.

The woman was one of the 2 gifted people working for the cheerleader's dad. The first one was the bald haitian guy. His ability to take memory away from someone. Apparently he is also immune to mind reading. The woman was undercover as the old professor's neighbor but she is really one of the gifted people. Her gift was some kind of suggestive mind control. She used it to get the painter to come away with her. She also used it to get him to do drug again in order to paint the future again.

The bad guy was Sylar. He was the one going around killing all the gifted. Apparently his gift is some kind of telekinesis ability which let him throws people around and opens up skulls. He was the one who killed the old professor where he probably got the list of all the gifted people. He also broke the face of his watch during the killing. He also killed the waitress whom Hiro went back in time to try to save. We will probably learn his story tonight.

The woman was one of the 2 gifted people working for the cheerleader's dad. The first one was the bald haitian guy. His ability to take memory away from someone. Apparently he is also immune to mind reading. The woman was undercover as the old professor's neighbor but she is really one of the gifted people. Her gift was some kind of suggestive mind control. She used it to get the painter to come away with her. She also used it to get him to do drug again in order to paint the future again.

Thanks Need - I must not have been paying close enough attention - or you have been using the website for the extra stuff! I am curious how tonight's episode will go.

Finally.... the best episode yet. I know they wanted us to figure out what was going on, but it took the entire fall to get some answers. That part is really frustrating, but I think it is going to make a LOT more sense in the future. Or at least I hope... :rolleyes:

Only one more episode for the fall season....

I am loving Heroes. It's probably my favorite show on right now. I also love 4400 and X-Men, so I guess I just like the idea. :)

I like how they are making it last a long time and only giving bits and pieces, makes it interesting for me and they can have it last years if they want.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled, usually shows I like do get cancelled. :( I guess I'm in the minority.

I've been watching it on Fridays on Sci Fi, but now that I have an HDTV and Sci Fi doesn't broadcast in HD, gonna make the husband skip Two and a Half Men so I can watch it in HD on Mondays. :)

I am loving Heroes. It's probably my favorite show on right now. I also love 4400 and X-Men, so I guess I just like the idea. :)

I like how they are making it last a long time and only giving bits and pieces, makes it interesting for me and they can have it last years if they want.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled, usually shows I like do get cancelled. :( I guess I'm in the minority.

I've been watching it on Fridays on Sci Fi, but now that I have an HDTV and Sci Fi doesn't broadcast in HD, gonna make the husband skip Two and a Half Men so I can watch it in HD on Mondays. :)

Welcome to the conversation Cynthia Blue!

I am guessing you don't have a dual tuner DVR? with a Dish vip622 (I know I am making a HUGE assumption that you are a Dish customer) you can record two channels from the Dish, plus one Over The Air (OTA) channel at the same time....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts