Does Heroes live up to the hype?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I am watching the pilot of Heroes. This show has had commercials for months, building up to it. I thought the pilot was interesting, although it is not really clear until the very end of the episode (actually the previews for next week) why the "powers" these people have make them into heroes.

Indeed, it wasn't until the end that I got a sense that I wanted to watch it again. I'll give it a preliminary :up

On a different note, I was surprised that while the show is in HD (PQ was fine), audio was just in DD2.0 on the Denver affiliate. Its the first network show I have seen this season (other than Survivor) not in HD/DD5.1 although, after it was over, I realized the Studio 60 is also not in DD5.1. Maybe the affiliate, but surprising.

I just finished watching the first episode. I think it is fine and they are taking their time developing the characters and their stories. NBC did the same thing with Surface. They took their time explaining the character and their stories and then after 13 weeks or so decided to ax the show. I will watch the next episode for the "mustang" lady.

I give it a :up . I think it will be even better in following episodes. If you haven't done so, I suggest watching it a 2nd time. There are a lot of foreshadowings that go right by you the first time through.

I am watching it, but I don't know if I would continue for long. The idea is good, but Xmen was so much better. ;) A guy could fly, but Storm could fly and control weather. Cheerleader has fast regen, but so does Logan and Logan has retractable claws!

No show can live up to the ratings of there premiere, hell there competing with Monday night football second place isn't bad at all.:cool:

This show seems to almost be a copycat of The 4400. Seems NBC Universal is trying to get some mileage out of the concept just changing a few plot points around. I watched 2 episodes and while interesting, I wouldn't miss it if it gets cancelled.

Mr.Pinkeye said:
I enjoy Hiro, he's such a geek. And the storyline with the stripper chick and her bad-a$$ reflection is enough to keep me tuning in for awhile.

Nothing wrong with being a geek! :D

I just saw the second episode; thought it was ok.

Mr.Pinkeye said:
And the storyline with the stripper chick and her bad-a$$ reflection is enough to keep me tuning in for awhile.

I actually thought the stripper chick's ability is the least interesting. I am not even sure if you could call it an ability at this point. It is more like she has split personalities.

Need said:
I actually thought the stripper chick's ability is the least interesting. I am not even sure if you could call it an ability at this point. It is more like she has split personalities.

Yeah. Good point. This is probably one of those shows that would be better to watch on DVD, in one batch, to see more quickly where things are going!

Hail the Conquering 'Heroes'

NBC series is season's first pickup

October 6, 2006

Greg Grunberg on 'Heroes'

LOS ANGELES -- NBC has a mixed track record so far this season, but one show, "Heroes," has been as close to a breakout hit as any new series on the air.

Not surprisingly, then, the network has decided to stick with the show for a full season. "Heroes" becomes the first new series on any network to get its back nine episodes picked up.

"'Heroes' has delivered exceptional ratings since its premiere, and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We have complete confidence in creator-executive producer Tim Kring. The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation.

Through its first two airings, the series has averaged 13.5 million viewers and a very solid 5.7 rating among adults 18-49. The 18-49 number is the best in its 9 p.m. Monday timeslot and tied with ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" for the best performance of any new show this season. "Heroes" has also been more of a self-starter, building substantially on its lead-in ("Deal or No Deal") each week, whereas "Brothers & Sisters" has the advantage of airing after "Desperate Housewives."

Looks like Hiro is going to need to find another comic book, since it said "to be continued..." on the last page he looked at; OR he needs to start doing stuff on his own! :D

Seriously, I thought the show is continuing to progress. It will be good to see the characters start to come together.

THe only storyline I find interesting is the Japanese guy. It's cool and funny.

I find THe Congressman story line rediculous. He found out he can fly but doesn't have time to discuss it with his brother who can also fly??? And I really can't stand the guy who plays the younger brother.

The painter & his hot black girlfreind? she doesn't buy that he sees the future and he can't seem to form a coherent sentence to even try to explain or prove himself. & she likes the congressmans brother who looks like a scrawny 16 year old reject.

The Cheerleader.... fine, cool power. but do we really need a nerd + popular cheerleader highschool clique story???? There's enough of that crap in movies & TV as it is. Do I really care about that the girl who cannot be killed just wants to go to prom?

The Indian guy and the next dorr neighbor chick. I just don't care.

The Cop that can read minds... can't seem to find any interest.

I hope they can pull this show together. So far I find the character development kind of .... eh.

When they all get together at the hall of justice maybe it will get better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts