Does Hopper 3 have Netflix in 4K?

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
I have read where it should be available, but A Dish CSR just told me it's not available yet. Yes or no? I was told when I ordered as well as press releases that it was available.

Does your TV Support HDCP 2.2? Is the Hopper 3 hooked directly to the TV? Do you have a fast enough internet connection? Are you subscribed to the Netflix package that includes 4K access?

On my 2015 Samsung 4K TV sometimes I do not see the 4K content Shelf in Netflix, so what I have to do is reboot the Hopper 3 with the TV on then after that it works.

Does your TV Support HDCP 2.2? Is the Hopper 3 hooked directly to the TV? Do you have a fast enough internet connection? Are you subscribed to the Netflix package that includes 4K access?

On my 2015 Samsung 4K TV sometimes I do not see the 4K content Shelf in Netflix, so what I have to do is reboot the Hopper 3 with the TV on then after that it works.

Yes, yes,yes, and yes! I have tried reboot also. No luck.

I had to switch to the 1 60fps HDMI input on my Vizio to get 4k from Dish. I have 3 additional 30fps HDMI inputs . I wonder if they will be useful if I buy a 4K Blu-Ray player. I asked the Vizio CSR, the Dish CSR, my Dish installer and the Samsung dealer for any 4K help. Not only were they all clueless, they also were quite willing to give totally wrong advice. 4K is in its infancy. Its standards are a moving target. The consumer should be very wary of jumping in to this technology. Fortunately, my 4k set was purchased for about the same price as a HD set. I hope 4K isn't the same sham that 3D turned out to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts