Does it cost extra to get dish installed on a pole?

purvis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
vs on the roof? when I fist ordered Dish they seem to indicate there would not be a extra charge. But, when the installer came; he indicated it would be an extra $60. :no

It really depends.

One of my three dishes had to be installed in a pole. The installer (Dish truck, not a sub-contractor) used a cementless pole, just like the one in the picture below:

CPM-42.jpg

Officially, I wasn't charged for it, but I still gave him a $40 tip because he did one hell of job installing the whole thing..

As I understand it, the preferred method for mounting a SuperDish is in fact on a pole and NOT on a roof. In my area, we use a SuperDish for local channels so the installation company has plenty of poles and cement on their trucks....

Like the previous post said, it all depends. The RSP I work with has no charge for pole mounts, but they DO charge extra if the burial of the line to the home exceeds 50 feet. The cost they charge is $59/hour AFTER the 1st 50 feet

unless you are using about a thousand pounds of concrete there is no way you could spend 60 bucks on a pole and concrete

The actual cost for a D500 pole at Lowes or home depot is between 7-8 bucks around here. One bag of quickcrete runs about 4-6 bucks.

The extra comes in at time. it takes more time to dig, level, bury cable and mount the dish than it does screwing 4 lags in an eve. Time=money in this business.

fishman said:
unless you are using about a thousand pounds of concrete there is no way you could spend 60 bucks on a pole and concrete
Hey no problem - you come do my pole installs and charge the customer for concrete and pole. :D

I work for a Dish "dealer" and when they sell the system they chatge $59.00 for a pole mount and pay me $24.00 The Dish "dealer" that I work for also does Dish Network referrals and when there is a pole mount on the referral installs there is no charge to the customer for the pole mount and I still get paid $24.00 I preferr to do the Superdish installs on a pole so needless to say when I do an install for a this Dish Network dealer that they sold, I always tell the customer to refuse to pay for the pole mount, hell, their not going to pass up a $400.00 sale for a $9.00 pole and $2.00 bag of concrete. To summerixe, if they want to charge you for a pole mount, tell them no thanks, you'll call another retailer or dealer.

I recently installed my own pole. The pole cost $6 and the cement, quick-setting, was $3.15. Installing it was a snap, took about 10 minutes. Then I waited 40 minutes, found it to be pretty hard set, and installed the dish.

All told though, a $59 charge doesn't sound too bad, considering that it does consume more materials, more time, and requires finding a workable site in your yard, cable burial and careful grounding.

We don't charge anything for installing a post and concrete or trenching up to 50'. However, if your install requires it the tech might make you have locates done before putting the post in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts