DOES NYC SPOTBEAM 3 COVER KENT COUNTY DELAWARE

delawareguy

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Delaware
Looked at the map & Delaware is in the green & yellow circle, Does that mean it will cover me?? Any help would be good... I know on Directv it works but what about Dish?
E12_SB3.jpg

you asked the same thing 3 months ago....nothing has changed really
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/293343-Question-about-quot-MOVING-quot?p=2988631

The maps for 61.5 are wrong.....as noted 3 months ago.
The reason Directv can give you NY locals is they are CONUS (whole US...just like cable channels) whereas Dish's versions are on spotbeam. Directv can still do distants rather easily. Dish not so much

Now while Dish is slowly moving channels from the "old" 61.5 to the "new" the maps are pretty much the same (although corrected)
The same transponder that is used for NY locals is also used for Norfolk, DC, Philly althogh different spotbeam

question im like 2000 feet the philly/nyc market boundary living just inside philly of course we can get nyc ota and can relate locally to both metro areas but i dont want to go through the hassle getting the ota antenna back up its totally insane how the lobbyists back day divided these un logical boundaries up how can i get nyc locals instead of philly? also CW 57 is not in HD on dish network. and i have always watched PIX 11 anyway on cable any suggestions how i can get nyc locals on dish network instead of philly?

Call or chat with Dish and ask the rep to change your service address to somewhere within the NYC DMA. Tell them you moved and already have a dish set up at the new address.

For those wondering if you are in the NYC spotbeam, and are on the EA, there is a definitive way to tell. Get the Superstations, or at least get WWOR. Then go to channel 6307. It is in HD, and if you see a picture, not just a black screen or a message, then you are in the spotbeam most likely for all the NYC channels.
For anyone reading this well after the actual post - this is an unusual situation, that could be terminated at anytime.....

For those wondering if you are in the NYC spotbeam, and are on the EA, there is a definitive way to tell. Get the Superstations, or at least get WWOR. Then go to channel 6307. It is in HD, and if you see a picture, not just a black screen or a message, then you are in the spotbeam most likely for all the NYC channels.
For anyone reading this well after the actual post - this is an unusual situation, that could be terminated at anytime.....

Well I definitely get wwor hd in 6307 what do mean by "For anyone reading this well after the actual post - this is an unusual situation, that could be terminated at anytime.."

Well I definitely get wwor hd in 6307 what do mean by "For anyone reading this well after the actual post - this is an unusual situation, that could be terminated at anytime.."

Unless you are in the NYC dma, you are not supposed to get it. Dish says they would correct it since it everybody is getting it. It hasn't happened yet, but don't be surprised when Dish finally does.

Wait so its a superstation what's the logic of taking the HD feed away if your paying for the super station ? I think I'm just going get the ota tuner when it's back in stock reinstall the ota antenna aim it towards empire stat building and have both cities local again. Total bs

Last edited:
They do not offer the supers in HD. They could but do not. According to many here the WWOR situation is a mistake. I never saw any statement from DISH on this but several say they have.

same reason why lots of stations aren't in HD on dish....various reasons but bandwidth (capacity) issues is usually the main reason

capacity issue in a top 10 market maybe some non reached agreement ill call corp office And find out maybe ill get. Free ota adaptor and install lol for ota antenna to get them lol. Brw really liking dish hopper2 etc,,, sad Bell moved its footprint so far north I loved the programming

capacity issue in a top 10 market maybe some non reached agreement ill call corp office And find out maybe ill get. Free ota adaptor and install lol for ota antenna to get them lol. Brw really liking dish hopper2 etc,,, sad Bell moved its footprint so far north I loved the programming

its not just your market on that spotbeam. Both Baltimore and DC (same spotbeam) dont have PBS in HD either

I live in Florida. I 'moved' with DISH to keep the NYC stations and local sports of where I am originally from. The NY sports (other than football) are gone, but I do get NYC major locals in SD. The smaller locals and PBS seem to be spotbeam.

I checked, no luck here in MI

Please keep in mind that the spotbeams on 61.5 are changing with the move from E12 to E16. They will cover a much smaller area than the beams on E12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)