Does OTA module cause 722K Hard Drive Failures due to excessive heat?

"The problems are of my own making," try reading all my posts on the matter before you comment on the causes, I know from reading all your posts dish can do no wrong. Case closed.

I hate to open a cold case, but my less than 1 yr old MT2 started failing, and it appears to be heat related. When I first turn on my 722k, both OTA tuners work fine. I get 100% signal strength on several channels. After several hours my DVR gets very warm to the touch and the signal on OTA tuner 2 goes to zero on all channels. The signal on OTA tuner 1 stays at 100% on the same channels. The next day, starting cold, both tuners work fine. This isn't hard drive failure like the thread title, but OTA tuner failure.

I'm going to get a fan and see if things improve. If that fails, will Dish replace the MT2 since it's less than a year old (without the service plan), or will I have to buy a new one? If I have to by one, where do you guys find them so cheap? Dish website has them for $50, but I've seen many posts stating they're much less than that.

"The problems are of my own making," try reading all my posts on the matter before you comment on the causes, I know from reading all your posts dish can do no wrong. Case closed.
I think we have read enough of your post to figure out that you just unlucky and got bad equipment or have wiring problems in your house. In short your information is dated and now WRONG.

Also as far as problems created by recording 4 things at once causing a problem I believe that was fixed as well too. I use mine to record 4 things at a time allot. I'm at 2 1/2 yrs with mine now.

I think we have read enough of your post to figure out that you just unlucky and got bad equipment or have wiring problems in your house. In short your information is dated and now WRONG.

Thanks to your we know it all posts, I have determined you are WRONG. In short, your closed minded mentality is DATED and you have the wiring problem .

Thanks to your we know it all posts, I have determined you are WRONG. In short, your closed minded mentality is DATED and you have the wiring problem .
Each to his own you are one of the few that have ever reported the problem. I've had a module for several years now no problems. I'm not there so all I can do is guess as to your problem. As far as the we know it all attitude that is true. The forum knows more than any one member does by themselves.

Perhaps the installer did not have one on the truck, and did not want to make the extra effort. Mine works fine.

Tell your sister to get the modules and a good antenna with a rotor, I live in conneaut,oh. about a mile from the pa border and a mile from lake erie,even though im in the cleveland dma ( 80 miles to the west) and the erie stations are only 25 miles away,erie has a low power station on channel 9 it shows retro tv,tuff tv and a movie channel ( 9.1, 9.2, 9.3) and most canadian tv went digital on august 1st. Even at 80 miles there are many sub channels from cleveland that can be recieved here.

Hbo and showtime promotion

Hd stream quality meter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts