Does Pole Come With Standard Installation?

UAL123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Does the pole and installation of the pole come with standard installation for a new customer or does it just depend on what retailer you are dealing with? I'm really hoping that this is free, but if it isn't, how much should I be expecting to pay for the pole and having the guy put it up?

Thanks

PS-I love this website! It is really helping me make my decision on whether or not to go to Dish from Time Warner!

Most retailers that I've dealt with do charge for pole mounts, usually $50-$80. Also, some include cable burial with that and some do not, especially if the pole is far from the house, maybe a $1/ft. If they do charge and you are looking to save some money you might be able to install the pole yourself ahead of time if you are confident in picking a suitable location that can receive the signal from the satellite. If you do this, and are getting a Dish500 or Dish1000, a good pole to use is 1 5/8" OD chain link fence post found at most hardware stores. Dig 3-4' deep, fill with a bag of cement, and make sure the pole stays plumb while the cement dries. Also, you should pound the buried end of the post flat, or attach some sort of flange to keep the pole from spinning. Be sure to call your local digger's hotline to mark the area beforehand as well.

miguelaqui said:
retailers can charge, but Dish does not charge extra for the pole mount
So you're saying that if I call Dish Network's 800 number then I don't have to pay for the pole and to mount the dish but if I go to a local retailer I might? If that's true I think it makes my decision easy on who to go through.

UAL123 said:
So you're saying that if I call Dish Network's 800 number then I don't have to pay for the pole and to mount the dish but if I go to a local retailer I might? If that's true I think it makes my decision easy on who to go through.
YES....the only advantage of going through a retailer is that you will have a local guy to call if you have questions later on!

Another question. I want 2 322's and I want to be able to use all four tuners on all 6 or 7 of my TV's. Would having the installer wire this be a part of standard installation also? My house is already wired for cable with a main distribution area so I wouldn't think it would be that hard but I just wondered if that is included in installation.

No...not a standard install. At all!!

And no matter who you go thru, you will probably pay extra for the "mirror imaged" outlets.

On the positive side, if it's not "that hard", you could always do it yourself

Call a couple local retailers and see what they charge... myself.. as a retailer I always do pole mounts... no charge....... a dish ona house looks like crap if you ask me. As far as the mirroring fees ask them about that too. Keep in mind you could call the 800# but you'll never know who or what you will be dealing with fior the install and service... if any.. after the sale...... As the Old saying goes...SOPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESSES. THEY ARE THE ONES SUPPORTING YOU TOO.

UAL123 said:
Another question. I want 2 322's and I want to be able to use all four tuners on all 6 or 7 of my TV's. Would having the installer wire this be a part of standard installation also? My house is already wired for cable with a main distribution area so I wouldn't think it would be that hard but I just wondered if that is included in installation.
In this case, if you go through Dish directly, the tech might refuse to do that. They MIGHT be able to charge you an hourly rate for the additional work.

For simple multi-TV hookups (ie. add a splitter), we do NOT charge.

A pole mount is negotiable - but will ALWAYS be a charge if it's not necessary due to line of sight issues.

If you call Dish directly to set up the installation tell the representative that the pole mount is needed. If you do not do this there is a chance your installer will not have a pole mount and either the installer will have to go to a hardware store to get the necessary equipment or he will tell you that you need to reschedule.

ok the company prob comming out to your house will be digital dish 877 682 8324
call them give them your phone number and see if your on their route if so there is NO CHARGE for pole mount or trenching lines up to 100' after that its 59$ per hr.

cleve_dnsc_tech said:
ok the company prob comming out to your house will be digital dish 877 682 8324
call them give them your phone number and see if your on their route if so there is NO CHARGE for pole mount or trenching lines up to 100' after that its 59$ per hr.
Are they in Springboro? Also, can I order Dish Network directly with them?

Actually, they're the RSP for the state of Ohio. More or less, they are the largest representation the state has. Either PM myself or Cleve if you want their number.

With that said, there's absolutely nothing wrong going with a local retailer. But I digress...hard for me to give an objective opinion. :p

on a pole mount there is no charge with in a 100' the mirror images there are fees fro that unless you toss the tech $$ under the table at that point he MIGHT do it for less like i said call 877 682 8324 give them your phone number and can tell you if were gonna do the job or not its that easy

I charge 40.00 for pole mount with the first 50' buried after that it is 50 cents a foot. this covers my extra labor, pole cost and concrete. on wall fishes I charge 15.00 after the first one. this covers my time, box and cover and connectors after the first 1. I usually run telephone line to the same box too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts