Does PPV Lock force entry of a password before ordering New Releases from the icons on the main DVR

swsmith1

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Madison, WI
I set-up the PPV Lock on my Dish VIP722 receiver. However, when I click on one of the "New Release" icons that appear at the bottom of the Dish On Demand screen when clicking "DVR" on my remote (or by accessing with menu>9), it allows me to see details of the selected movie - and gives me an option to rent. I have the PPV Lock set - and also have my system locked. If I click on "Rent," will it allow me to access this movie without entering my lock code?

I am worried that my kids will accidentally order movies by clicking through the process above - but I do not want to actually try this to see if I am prompted for the lock code, as I am afraid I might order an unwanted movie.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site!!!!

I am not familiar with the 722 enough to answer but you came to the right place.

You will also need to set up blocks for the VOD channels as well. The movie icons can link to the VOD movies. If you send me a PM I can help you set this up. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)