Does RAID 1 actually WORK for Hopper 3 as a dependable and usable backup in case 1 RAID drive fails?

ahh, its 2x2TB drives, yep that has a better shot of working,
a 4tb drive was not seen, but 2tb will work just fine.

give it a try, go purchase one, plug it in and move a show and see what happens. should be good.
what are you trying to archive ??

Hello sir…

Yes of course I said or meant 4TB Western Digital my book duo external hard drive but it would be set up as a RAID 1 mirror which means the hopper 3 would see only 2 TB

I’m assuming on the back of these duo drives there’s a toggle switch that you can switch from RAID 0 to RAID 1

To answer your question about what I am archiving

I just record a whole hell of a lot of stuff on my hopper 3 and I want to make sure that I don’t lose anything

I see myself having three 4 TB Western Digital my book duo external hard drive’s hooked up to my hopper 3

I imagine one hard drive would have something like maybe newer movies or whatever

and the second hard drive having maybe older movies or whatever

and the third hard drive having just a mixture of various TV shows and documentaries etc. whatever

My goal is to have these mirrored and redundantly “backed up” without ANY worry at all of the redundancy or RAID 1 mirroring ACTUALLY WORKING in case one of the duo hard drives crashes

Take Care....

Thank You!!!

Mr. Deeper

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)