Does Scott Boras looks stupid now or what?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Rodriguez and Yankees officials have been working toward finalizing a new 10-year deal worth approximately $275 million that will keep the two-time MVP in pinstripes for the duration of his Hall of Fame career. The two sides are expected to meet Thursday in Florida with the hopes of finishing the deal. According to one source, agent Scott Boras has not been involved in the talks.

I think he was somewhat upset at the events that had occurred," Hank Steinbrenner said, referring to the backlash that followed A-Rod's opt-out decision. "What was very important to me was Alex reaching out to us and making it clear that he really wanted to be a Yankee."

For that to happen, the Yankees said Rodriguez would have to take a deal below his market value, one which would make up for the $21 million subsidy from the Rangers that the Bombers lost when A-Rod opted out of the final three years and $91 million of his contract.

A-Rod, Yankees closing in on 10-year, $275 million deal

He should fire his agent before signing this deal to keep Boras from getting the %.

this has to be one of the more bizarre situations I have ever seen in sports. I have no idea if A Rod himself was in on the weird timing of the announcement during game 4 or whether Boras just overplayed his hand.

But it sia sideshow. The thing is i want to like ARod. he may be the next home run king (amazing for a man who started as a shortstop) and there is no evidence of steroid use. but he makes it really hard to like him.

A-Rod wasn't behind stealing the World Series spotlight with that announcement. It was all Boras and his selfish attitude. Boras planned it all along, just as he planned his transparent, extensive mea culpa afterward.

Yeah, like Boras was really sorry about breaking one of MLB's unwritten rules. The guy's a selfish prick.

I don't necessarily disagree with you lord Vader. But at the time most of the board was absolutely convinced that Arod and Boras were speaking with one voice. My comment then was that we know Boras was to blame but we could only make assumptions about Arod's role.

I don't necessarily disagree with you lord Vader. But at the time most of the board was absolutely convinced that Arod and Boras were speaking with one voice. My comment then was that we know Boras was to blame but we could only make assumptions about Arod's role.
I think we know now....

not really. It is till possible that ARod knew and went along with it but that he was forced to come crawling back when no one else made an acceptable offer. Some even claim that Boras is a willing scapegoat for his client---though I think that is farfetched.

Personally I am more interested in who plays third for the Red Sox next year but I guess that is what you would expect from a lifelong Sox Fan

not really. It is till possible that ARod knew and went along with it but that he was forced to come crawling back when no one else made an acceptable offer. Some even claim that Boras is a willing scapegoat for his client---though I think that is farfetched.

Personally I am more interested in who plays third for the Red Sox next year but I guess that is what you would expect from a lifelong Sox Fan

What are you going to do if Lowell goes to the Yankees to play first base..:confused:

He should fire his agent before signing this deal to keep Boras from getting the %.

I couldn't agree more, although I personally think the Yankees look just as stupid.

It was all over ESPN this morning that there were NO OTHER OFFERS on the table for ARod, and yet the Yankees are still going to give him the highest contract in the history of sports. Ever heard of negotiation? The Rangers did the same thing with Boras and ARod last time, and have been lambasted ever since.

I just don't get it. It' not "market value" if no one else in the market is going to pay that much for him.

I couldn't agree more, although I personally think the Yankees look just as stupid.

It was all over ESPN this morning that there were NO OTHER OFFERS on the table for ARod, and yet the Yankees are still going to give him the highest contract in the history of sports. Ever heard of negotiation? The Rangers did the same thing with Boras and ARod last time, and have been lambasted ever since.

I just don't get it. It' not "market value" if no one else in the market is going to pay that much for him.

You could go that route but I think in the Yankees thinking is that there is no suitable 3rd basement free agent that even come close to A-Rods number. Lowell was a possibility but that is now in the past for third base at least. Even before A-Rod opted out of his contract the Yankees had a similar deal for him that would have made the biggest contract in MLB.

I see your point but just as well there is no much competition in the free agency market for third basement. The Yankees had made up their minds about bringing him back before this.

I love watching the evil empire flush money down the toilet. First they over pay Posada, next they overpay an aging relief pitcher and now this. Hey Yanks!!! WHat ya doing? Overpaying to reassemble the same bunch of losers yet again????:haha :haha

Umm didnt you fire Joe Torre??? Hell he was the one you should have kept. :haha :haha

I love watching the evil empire flush money down the toilet. First they over pay Posada, next they overpay an aging relief pitcher and now this. Hey Yanks!!! WHat ya doing? Overpaying to reassemble the same bunch of losers yet again????:haha :haha

This is what good teams do to the players that they brought through their system. Posada has been so good for such a long time and came very cheap all these years. He deserves to end his career with the Yankees. He deserves the contract. The same with Mariano. Both deserve to end their careers in NY.

As to A-Rod, when you look pass the baggage he brings, he is the best player in baseball and one that will probably brake the all time HR record. This is what good teams do. I rather have them do this than to put the money in their pockets like lots of team do.

This is what good teams do to the players that they brought through their system. Posada has been so good for such a long time and came very cheap all these years. He deserves to end his career with the Yankees. He deserves the contract. The same with Mariano. Both deserve to end their careers in NY.

As to A-Rod, when you look pass the baggage he brings, he is the best player in baseball and one that will probably brake the all time HR record. This is what good teams do. I rather have them do this than to put the money in their pockets like lots of team do.

"It's not personal, it's just business."

Good teams spend money WISELY. The Yankees have made the playoffs every year because they have spent more money. If they had spent their money better, they would have a few more rings by now...

Great players carry their teams to championships. AROD has never done this. Infact he is usally a dud in the post season. And keeping Posada and Mariano is the reason they will not win it again.

Great players carry their teams to championships. AROD has never done this. Infact he is usally a dud in the post season. And keeping Posada and Mariano is the reason they will not win it again.

What is the alternative to Posada or Mariano? There is not a single catcher or closer in the free agent market that come close to either one.

As to A-Rod. True he has never won but even those have their days in the sun one day. You keep putting a winning team on the field and one day everything is going to click.

"It's not personal, it's just business."

Good teams spend money WISELY. The Yankees have made the playoffs every year because they have spent more money. If they had spent their money better, they would have a few more rings by now...

26 is not enough! Sure. There are certain players that did not deserve the contract that the Yankees offered. Two come to mind --- Giambi, Damon... and there have been a few in the past as well.

Sure money cannot buy you championship 100% of the time but it goes a long way to putting a team that has the possibility of winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)