Does the 522 have to have Dish Pro Plus LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theseus

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I am trying to set up a 522. I have a DP34 and DishPro LNBs but SAT1 input will not recognize the LNBs. Sat2 Input is fine. I have been told by the person who is assisting me that I have to have DishPro PLUS LNBs to work with the 522. Is this right? All the wiring diagrams from Dish show that I can use DishPro and a DP34. Thanks for your help.

Dish Pro Plus, Dish Pro, and even Legacy LNBs and/or switches will work. In the case of DP and Legacy, you must have two lines feeding the 522 receiver. DPP will require only one, but needs the use of the separator.

Only if you're using a DP Seperator to run only one coax from the reciever to the switch.
If you're running two lines from the reciever to the switch, then you're fine with non-Plus DishPro.

theseus said:
I am trying to set up a 522. I have a DP34 and DishPro LNBs but SAT1 input will not recognize the LNBs. Sat2 Input is fine. I have been told by the person who is assisting me that I have to have DishPro PLUS LNBs to work with the 522. Is this right? All the wiring diagrams from Dish show that I can use DishPro and a DP34. Thanks for your help.

What webbydude has told you from my way of thinking is correct.
Are you wanting to feed just one tuner or more than one tuner?
How many satellites are you after?
Answers will vary depending on your circumstances.

I would try swapping the lines for SAT1 and SAT2 behind the receiver. Then run your check switch test again. If the problem stays on the same tuner it may be a bad tuner in the receiver. If the problem moves to the other side I would try moving your wires to different outputs on the DP34 to see if there is a bad port on the switch. If you're still having problems after that inspect the line from switch to receiver, any connections such as ground block, splices, wall plates and any fittings inbetween. Remember to always run your switch test after changes otherwise the satellites will still be locked out from the previous test.

aaronhoes said:
I would try swapping the lines for SAT1 and SAT2 behind the receiver. Then run your check switch test again. If the problem stays on the same tuner it may be a bad tuner in the receiver. If the problem moves to the other side I would try moving your wires to different outputs on the DP34 to see if there is a bad port on the switch. If you're still having problems after that inspect the line from switch to receiver, any connections such as ground block, splices, wall plates and any fittings inbetween. Remember to always run your switch test after changes otherwise the satellites will still be locked out from the previous test.

I have switched the lines for SAT1 and SAT2 the problem doesn't change. In other words, regardless of which line is coming from the dp34 switch, SAT 1 always fails during the switch test. I have also tried different outputs on the switch too.

I use satellites 119, 110, 61.5 so the DP34 is needed.

Talked it out with another dish installer, today and it was his opinion, like that of webbydude that I didn't need PLUS LNB but that the problem was at the receiver.

Thanks guys for the help...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)