Does the 622 come with an HDMI cable?

mjrusso45

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
I think I am probably dreaming here, but the 622 doesn't happen to come with an HDMI cable, does it? If so, how long? If not , I keep reading about monoprice.com on here. Seems like the best place?

I got a DVI-HDMI cable through monoprice.com in February--it arrived the day before the installer came to set up my 622. Been working great ever since! :)

Don't count on getting one with the unit or via the installer. He might have component cables with him, but I wouldn't count on that either. My unit, purchased in early May, came with neither - only a set of low-quality composite/S-video cables. Some folks here have stated that they received component cables with theirs, so YMMV. IIWU I'd have a set of component cables, a Toslink optical cable (to your DD5.1 decoder/SS system), and whatever form of HDMI cable I needed on hand for the installation. Don't offer them unless the installer obviously is planning to provide nothing. In any case, make sure he connects component and HDMI to check everything out. Leave both connected and compare the PQ both ways. They will be different enough that you will be able to tell the difference, but which is "best" is for you to determine for yourself. Even if you decide to go with the digital connection, keep a set of component cables on hand in case the HDMI output eventually goes dead on you, as it has for so many 622 users...

Just had a new 622 installed two weeks ago. No component and no HDMI cables were included. They did give you a S-Video cable, like that helps! I figured none would come with it so I bought a HDMI to DVI cable at BestBuy (AR brand for just over $50) to work with my Sony RPTV. Works great and I am really enjoying the 622. I have had a 508 for years, but this is my first dual tuner DVR. :)

Just had a new 622 installed two weeks ago. No component and no HDMI cables were included. They did give you a S-Video cable, like that helps! I figured none would come with it so I bought a HDMI to DVI cable at BestBuy (AR brand for just over $50) to work with my Sony RPTV. Works great and I am really enjoying the 622. I have had a 508 for years, but this is my first dual tuner DVR. :)

Ouch dude! That AR $50 cable can be had for about $6 at MonoPrice! No, its not an Acoustic Research cable but its just as good if not better!

Mike

My 622 I got in October had one in it. Just upgraded and they sent out the reciever. Installed it myself. Do the installers take the cables if you don't ask for them maybe?

My 622 I got in October had one in it. Just upgraded and they sent out the reciever. Installed it myself. Do the installers take the cables if you don't ask for them maybe?
I opened my factory sealed box while the installer was outside and there was no HDMI or component cables in the box.

No it does not...

Some very early shipments of 622 included HDMI/component cables but later E* stopped doing that.

My 622 (installed 3 weeks ago) came with S-Video and coax cables, installer gave me the new component cable which I am currently using. Planning to buy HDMI to replace very bulky 5 component cables (at least until HDMI port dies...or E* defiantly fixes their "software" HDMI related issue).

I think I am probably dreaming here, but the 622 doesn't happen to come with an HDMI cable, does it? If so, how long? If not , I keep reading about monoprice.com on here. Seems like the best place?
soem DNS (Company techs) say they supply the cables..Contactors do not...But I have not heard of the DNS techs in this area supplying the cables..A 6 footer RETAILS for roughly $100....You will find better deals on line

we are required to bring componenet cables for each HD receiver we install..If the cust has their own it makes no difference..The cables go with the box.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)