Does the 811 have a harddrive?

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
I just got a new 811 (2nd one) on the Dish1Up promo. I didn't notice on the 1st one I received, but on this one, on the outside of the box is a warning to the shippers that "this box contain a computer harddrive" and to be careful.
I haven't opened the box yet since I just received it, but I am intrigued...
Do all the 811's have a harddrive?
Thanks!

n0qcu said:
No, but all of dish's boxes now have that warning.

And UPS will still ship them to you with the outside cardboard box beat all to hell. My UPS delivery man dumped my 921 dvr box on it's side and then slid it down the steps of the van then halled it to my front porch and proceeded to drop it on my outside swing. Thank God it was double boxed by DishDepot or it would have been beat all to hell. Oh and it had the fragile /warning harddrive, etc. on it and taped with it as well. Some people can't read.

What can Brown do for you today? :rolleyes:

I seem to have my best luck with UPS. Plus, They always ship everything to me in 2 days with normal ground shipping. FedEx has a nasty problem of taking the full 5 days.

USPS is the one to stay away from. I once witnessed the mail lady trying to fit my new hardback book into the mail box (this despite I was standing outside). Needless to say, I was rather upset she managed to bend a 100 dollar book and break the binding. I imagine this is why they don't insure packages either :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)