does the dish DVR have dual buffers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vigfoot

Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
for both TVs?

sorry to make a debut post asking a newbie question, but i can't get an answer from any DISH employee i've talked to.

i'm thinking of leaving DirecTV but i need to know if the DISH DVR, which hooks up to 2 TVs, allows simultaneous recording on 2 channels per TV and has dual buffers on each TV.

thanks

there are 2 tuners in the box. when used in dual mode, 1 tuner is used for each tv. When used in single mode, 1 tv has access to both tuners.
So no, you can not record 2 channels per tv.

There is also an OTA tuner, so you can record 3 programs at once: two satellite and one OTA. At the same time you can also watch 2 other programs off your DVR.

Welcome to the forum! :wave

It sounds like you need 2 dual tuner DVR's. Dish will provide this as part of the promotion. Dish has a limit of 4 tuners per account that it will "pay for." If you need additional tuners (STB's), then you can purchase them--in many cases--at a reduced cost at the time of placing your installation order (additional labor and hardware such as switches, if necessary, are included). I had a family member do this.

However, if you find that after installation, you want to add an additional STB, you will have to pay full retail for everything. Figure out everything that you want NOW, not later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)