Does the VIP622 come with a HDMI cable?

coreillydish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Hi. I am getting a VIP622 installed this Saturday. Does this receiver come with a HDMI cable in the box? My 625 receiver came with coax, RCA, and s-video cables in the box. I just wanted to know if I need to go out tomorrow and pick one up before the installer gets here on Saturday. Thanks.

Not one of the 622s I have installed have come with an HDMI cable.

I just wanted to know if I need to go out tomorrow and pick one up before the installer gets here on Saturday.

Buy one online and use the included component cables until you get it. In a retail store, especially BB or CC, you're going to pay an exorbitant price for a lot of hype and BS.

The actual answer is sometimes. It all depends if the installer gives them to you or not. When I had my 622 "installed" the installer gave me one out of his truck. One of my friends that was installed in December also was given one by the installer.

My TV is DVI. The installer sold me an HDMI to DVI cable, which was handy. I found out later that he didn't quite give me the best price, though, but it was worth something to have it NOW.

And it works fine.

:mad: I broke open the box of my new vip222 today expecting to see an HDMI cable...NOPE...drove 25 miles to Wally World and the only thing they had was a 6 footer for $35. MAN!!! I paid it, but wisdom didn't prevail, as I could have used a set of components until monoprice could be had.

I got all of my HDMI, Component and Optical cables from monoprice. Every single one of them worked and was 25% the cost of BB or CC.

I received a ViP622 today under a DIU promo, and there was an HDMI cable, a DVI-HDMI adapter, and a set of component cables in the box.

It's just a shame that the STB itself was DOA.

Nope no HDMI. When my 622 was installed it was brand spakin new in the Box, at least it didnt look like a refab at least. Anyway I was the one who opened the pkg and saw everything that came in the box and no HDMI. As more n more ppl get HDMI capable TV's they might start to add it but right now I think its a cost thing. If you don't want to wait on mail delivery places like Homebase and Lowes usually have some and will be cheaper than buying from someplace like BestBuy or a CircuitCity type store

I read on this site somewhere that the new installs are supposed to start including HDMI cables. not sure where I saw the post, or when it is set to start.

I read on this site somewhere that the new installs are supposed to start including HDMI cables. not sure where I saw the post, or when it is set to start.
i am a dish tech and every HD instilation is supposed to have a HD componet or HDMI with DVI addapter Installed by the technician
Contracters have to pay out of pocket for them so they might tell the cust. they have to buy one and corp. techs are supplyed by the company but half the time it is like pulling teeth to get them from the office.

Hi. I am getting a VIP622 installed this Saturday. Does this receiver come with a HDMI cable in the box? My 625 receiver came with coax, RCA, and s-video cables in the box. I just wanted to know if I need to go out tomorrow and pick one up before the installer gets here on Saturday. Thanks.

yes. no. maybe...............:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)