Does Tivo work with DishNetwork?

Sharper said:
Speaking of using an IR blaster to control your receiver.

I've got a 921 that I'd love to be able to use a plug-in IR signal for, instead of bouncing my IR repeater off a wall like I'm currently doing.

Is there an actual IR input plug somewhere that I'm missing, or are you guys talking about attaching an IR broadcast cable to the front panel of the box, or modifying the hardware to bypass the regular IR receivers on the box?

In other words, what exactly do you mean when you talk about plugging in an IR blaster? Plugging into the receiver, or just into the Tivo end?

Standalone Tivos got a small IR emitter attached to a cord that plugs into the Tivo box. You can use it to put it on the receiver if you have problems with the normal way that Tivo uses to change channels, that is sending a IR signal that bounces back to the receiver.

= J =

kfried001 said:
I have a Tivo connected to a 942. Tivo has no way of knowing what is on the 942's schedule of recordings. The 942 will take precedence. In other words, if you are recording something on Tivo and the 942 has a recording it will change channels and you will not get the full Tivo recording.

Ken,

can you list the Tivo IR code that is working with your 942?

Thanks.
= J =

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts