does TWC really have a monopoly here??

RockinRight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I am in Akron, OH, with RoadRunner from Time Warner. Since I am considering a switch to DISH Network I was thinking of dumping the roadrunner too.

It appears that since I am 23000 feet from the service center I can't get DSL. Is that it? TWC or dial up??

I'm not spending $60 a month for satellite internet, that seems pretty pointless. I wouldn't mind something somewhat slower than RR to save a couple bucks (like the $29.99 DSL 348/1.5 offers) but definitely not dial-up speeds.

Are there any wireless broadband providers out there? I've seen a few here and there, it seems either they are for mobile users and work in airports and such, or they don't service my area.

Have you checked out Wireless ISPs in your area?

They're quite elusive. There seems to be no easy way to search for them. I found a list by state and it appears none of them really serve my area.

Found out though that my digital cable is $51.06/mo and for DISH with a couple missing channels, I'm paying $50 out the door. Why bother?

I am in Akron, OH, with RoadRunner from Time Warner. Since I am considering a switch to DISH Network I was thinking of dumping the roadrunner too.

It appears that since I am 23000 feet from the service center I can't get DSL. Is that it? TWC or dial up??

I'm not spending $60 a month for satellite internet, that seems pretty pointless. I wouldn't mind something somewhat slower than RR to save a couple bucks (like the $29.99 DSL 348/1.5 offers) but definitely not dial-up speeds.

Are there any wireless broadband providers out there? I've seen a few here and there, it seems either they are for mobile users and work in airports and such, or they don't service my area.

Another option for you.

Sign up for AOL broadband thru TWC. Yes, I know it's essentially Road Runner. Same modem...same billing. But you don't have to have cable service to get the approx. $25/month.

Before AT&T got their stuff together here in N. Canton, that was pretty much what I was doing for highspeed internet.

Another thing to consider. When the so-called introductory rate expires (not sure if it even does now), threaten AOL or TWC with the "screw you, I'm going to DSL" line of crap. The CSR won't know whether you have DSL as an option or not and usually will continue the low pricing. It's a tad shady...but so is TWC :p

Well TWC should offer the RR Lite package in your area. which in oralndo runs around 19.99 a month if they dont ask them about it they should soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)