Does your Pandora app work?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I had a new Hopper installed last week and I just got around to trying the Pandora app. When I select it, the next screen is jumbled up and it is impossible for me to log in my Pandora account. Is this app screwed up, or is it me or my system?

One of a few bugs that may be addressed in about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I had a new Hopper installed last week and I just got around to trying the Pandora app. When I select it, the next screen is jumbled up and it is impossible for me to log in my Pandora account. Is this app screwed up, or is it me or my system?
When exactly was it installed? All apps usually take about three days to settle in.

Mine works most of the time. Often it will say I need an interconnection. Resetting the connection corrects the problem. No idea why this happens as I never lose the connection on any other device

rwjga, ours does the same thing after using it for a while. Just restarting the app fixes it. It hasn't gone out for several weeks though.

When exactly was it installed? All apps usually take about three days to settle in.

My Hopper was installed 8 days ago. When I start the Pandora app the screen looks jumbled up, and even though I can scroll it up or down, there is no way to type in my email address and password (sometimes I can scroll, sometimes it just hangs up). How did you guys log in? Is it possible that you logged in with some other version of the receiver's software that worked in the past?

Did you use the number when you first started the app to go online to the Pandora website and register your Dish Hopper. I think, once you do that you don't have to sign in when you open the app after that. If you already have a Pandora account for your computer or phone, that will be a different account than the Hopper account.

My Hopper was installed 8 days ago.
There are multiple threads discussing apps not working on new installs... Surprised you missed them :p

There's clearly something wrong with the latest Hopper software in regards to apps that haven't been initiated previously. On existing setups, meaning those installed before S418, S419, and the equivalent HwS systems, that apps all seem to work fine. Pandora works fine for me, for example.

Has any DIRT member acknowledged this ? All I've seen is "wait".

Supposed to be an update rolling out on the 10th. Maybe it will address this issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Did you use the number when you first started the app to go online to the Pandora website and register your Dish Hopper. I think, once you do that you don't have to sign in when you open the app after that. If you already have a Pandora account for your computer or phone, that will be a different account than the Hopper account.

No, I didn't try that. I would prefer to sign in with my existing account because I have already set it up for the music that I like.

On the screen there is a field that says "I have an existing Pandora account", and there are fields for typing in your log-in information, but they cannot be selected. In addition, a lot of the fields for entering data are overlapping some of the other writing that is on the screen, making it impossible to read.

Um, my Hopper Pandora account login and password is exactly the same as that on my Mac. I am a paying Pandora sub and it would be foolish to need a double sub.....

works fine for me on both hopper and joey.

It is weird how it works for some and not others!

This is what I get when I open the Pandora app:

p1.JPG

...and this is what I get when I scroll down; however I can not select anything or enter anything:

p2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 180
I would use the number on the lower left and set up your Hopper account until they have a software fix for the problem. That way you could at least use the feature.

If its a SW problem wouldnt it not work for everyone?
It seems to only be affecting new installations - those who are getting S418 / S419 right off the bat. As I mentioned above, if you got your Hopper installed pre-S418 / S419 (and the related Hopper w/Sling versions), it works fine.

It seems to be an initialization issue.

If its a SW problem wouldnt it not work for everyone?

No. Installation, initialization, hardware variability and how hard that butterfly flaps it's wings all play a role. Intermittent errors are the hardest to troubleshoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts