Does your remote make noises?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here's an odd one...

Does your dish remote make an occasional 'click-click' noise all by itself at times?

If I sit on the couch sans TV on, about every half hour or so, the remote makes an audible 'click click'. It's more mechanical than digital sounding.

I don't like my electronics making noises when they're not told to. ;0)
Very scary. :eeek Which remote is making this noise?

Reminds me of the old ultrasonic TV remotes. THAT technology got superceeded pretty quickly.

My Hopper remote used to do that too! I've since cut the cable, and now my Tivo remote does it!! Kept my wife from falling asleep last night, so she put it in the other room. That prompted me to do a search.

Here's an odd one...

Does your dish remote make an occasional 'click-click' noise all by itself at times?

If I sit on the couch sans TV on, about every half hour or so, the remote makes an audible 'click click'. It's more mechanical than digital sounding.

I don't like my electronics making noises when they're not told to. ;0)

Mine has done this for a while and I've noticed this on a few others during my life. It does sound mechanical, like some part that moves inside it, suddenly clicking, or actuating. The funny thing is it isn't a sound it makes naturally while pushing the buttons to change channels. Whether the TV is on or off it is prone to click.

I had a weird theory that maybe it is sun-spots. I've always assumed there is a part that dangles inside it that can be affected by them--or perhaps some other magnetic force.

But I suppose the heat thing makes more sense. Samsung 25.5 inch TV flatscreen..

I once had an RCA TV that had a hypersonic remote, I could her little pops from the transmitter when I pushed a button.

If the vacuum cleaner got too close it would turn the TV on and off and maybe change channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)