Doing some shopping

Pokes

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
My wife's Sportster was damaged a few months back when she was rearended and the sportster bounced around the car like a pinball.

We've had the unit for about a year now and so I'm looking at changing it out (it must have loose contacts or something as the light on the display doesn't always come on and the S-Seek alerts always seem to go off even though we have nothing in the seek list).

Obvioulsy the replay Sportster has some appeal, but I've been shopping and found a place or two where it looks like the Streamer Replay uses the same base units as the Sportster replay. Does anybody know if this is true? I did a search on this forum but didn't find much.

Also, in looking at the pro/cons of the two devices, I came up with this list:
Sportster Replay Pros/Cons
Almost the same unit that I'm familiar with - PRO
44 minutes of replay time - PRO
Standard Sportster things like Team logo and such - pro (not all that big)
Very large FM signal range - BIG PRO
Costs a little more - CON
I know it will work in both cars and in the house docking unit - PRO

Streamer Replay Pros/Cons
A little bit cheaper than the Sportster - PRO
44 minutes - PRO
if it is like the other Streamer units it only has a few frequencies - BIG CON
Unknown on using current docking units - CON

Anybody have additional information to share on this? I'd like to get my replacement ordered pretty quick as her Sportster simply gets buggier and buggier. The cool thing is that she doesn't care about the replay feature so that will be all mine.

Another thing I have to think is coming is the ability to record some of the Shows. I'd love to be able to record some of the Maxim, NFL channel, and Raw Dawg shows to listen when I have time (Like TIVO). If something like this is around the corner, I'd rather wait on it. But since the Replays are still so new, I have my doubts about how soon this will come to pass.

And yes, I am a HUGE fan of Sirius. I think if it weren't for all the car manufacturer deals that XM has locked in that Sirius would be killing XM right now.

I appreciate any feedback on this. I'm just trying to make an educated purchase and my call to Sirius netted me something between Jack and Squat.

Pokes

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us and the Satellite Radio Forum :)

The Sportster IR (Instant Replay) is a great unit. I am not familar with the Streamer Replay. Did you mean the Starmate Replay? If so, this unit does not have a docking station. It does have artist and song seeking.

Go to SiriusBackstage and see what other users have to say. SiriusBackstage is a very informative fan site for Sirius products and services. There are a few reviews on the new Starmate Replay along with the Sportster IR.

Be sure to come back here to let us know what you found out.

Well, I tried to post a link to the Streamer Replay. To check one out, just go to ebay and search on Sirius Replay. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Pokes

Pokes said:
Well, I tried to post a link to the Streamer Replay. To check one out, just go to ebay and search on Sirius Replay. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Pokes

I see the Sirius Replay units I talked about. eBay Search The Starmate Replay has 100 FM frequencies that can be used. The Sportster Replay will fit into your original car / home kits or boom box.

You would do just fine with either one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)