Some basic questions about Sirius at home

davetroy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Hopefully, my questions aren't too basic and somebody here can help me. The new Metropolitan Opera station is making me think about switching from XM to Sirius, but I would want to listen to Sirius mainly in my home, through my stereo. My current home stereo equipment consists of an integrated amp, a CD player and a pair of speakers. No receiver, no tuner. So:

1. Do any of the Sirius home receivers such as the H550, requirer an additonal tuner or receiver to work, or are they self-contained? Can I just run them through my integrated amp, or do I need one of those satellite-radio ready receivers (such as the Yamaha or Onkyo that are being sold now).
2. Can the Tivoli be hooked up to external speakers or do they work only through Tivoli's own external speakers?
3. What is my best option (sound-wise) for listening to Sirius through my home system?

Thanks in advance for any help. I know that XM car receiver runs through the FM radio transmitter in my car radio, so I guess I'm wondering if the same setup is necessary for in-home Sirius.

1. yes...no additional tuners are required.

2. I have a Tivoli Model II at the office and I believe you can hook up external speakers. I'll try and remember to check to make sure or you can check out their site http://tivoliradio.com/

3. I have the Kenwood DT 7000S with the optical out to my home theater system, sounds great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)