Sirius Renewal

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I have had the Music & Entertainment package that I paid $93.53 on August 2, 2022 for a year subscription. I received an email that my subscription would renew on August 2, 2023 for $24.67 per month. That equates to $286.04 per year. I called Sirius customer support and after a 7 minute hold got an agent. The agent immediately recognized the problem and he was able to sign me up with a promotion plan of $93.53 per year. The $93.53 will be billed on August 2, 2023.
The agent did warn me that the plan will renew on August 2, 2024 with the higher amount. But he told me to call in when the higher amount shows up in an email announcement and they can then apply the promotional rate again.
It is crazy that they make their customers reapply every year to receive the promotional rate. I wonder how many subscribers fail to call in and thus pay a much much higher rate.

Reactions: TheKrell and TRG
I have had the Music & Entertainment package that I paid $93.53 on August 2, 2022 for a year subscription. I received an email that my subscription would renew on August 2, 2023 for $24.67 per month. That equates to $286.04 per year. I called Sirius customer support and after a 7 minute hold got an agent. The agent immediately recognized the problem and he was able to sign me up with a promotion plan of $93.53 per year. The $93.53 will be billed on August 2, 2023.
The agent did warn me that the plan will renew on August 2, 2024 with the higher amount. But he told me to call in when the higher amount shows up in an email announcement and they can then apply the promotional rate again.
It is crazy that they make their customers reapply every year to receive the promotional rate. I wonder how many subscribers fail to call in and thus pay a much much higher rate.
Your doing better than me, I typically can't understand them when I do have to talk to them.

It doesn't take much to SEE the new updated rate that they try to get you to pay.
Awhile back I had 2 radios and probably the top package, I listen to my stuff, she listens to entirely different.
I got that bill ahead of time and it said I owed $600 for the next year ...

I call and told them they must be on Drugs if they think I'm paying that much for a year.

They understood and gave me the rate I had the previous year.

Yesterday they tried to give me a deal for $16.99 a month.I told them I wanted the same deal I had last year so they gave me the deal for a penny less.

I’m almost at the end of my 3-month free trial on the Volvo. I’m not sure what my next move is since I can stream SXM through my phone using Mrs. Foxbat’s plan, but it is not as convenient as having it native in the car. Grrr™️

I’m almost at the end of my 3-month free trial on the Volvo. I’m not sure what my next move is since I can stream SXM through my phone using Mrs. Foxbat’s plan, but it is not as convenient as having it native in the car. Grrr™️
Add it to your car thru her account.
It would be cheaper with the multi radio plan.

Reactions: Foxbat
Yesterday they tried to give me a deal for $16.99 a month.I told them I wanted the same deal I had last year so they gave me the deal for a penny less.
I've done that same thing, they come out with some great plan (so they say) and its More than what you were paying previously ... I tell them to give me the deal I had the previous year, it usually works easily ... till they said they didn't have the same package this year.

I tell them it's not Worth more than I am already paying ...

15 years here now.

Sure wish they'd come back with the Lifetime deal again.
I thought about it when they did, but I couldn't financially then.
The only thing about the lifetime deal is that they keep taking channels away. It's settled down now since the streaming part is now started. But the channels I've listened to over the lifetime that I've had it since XM started haven't left so I'm happy.

Reactions: TRG and TheKrell
The only thing about the lifetime deal is that they keep taking channels away. It's settled down now since the streaming part is now started. But the channels I've listened to over the lifetime that I've had it since XM started haven't left so I'm happy.
Of course, the "Lifetime" deal if they ever came out with it again, would have to include Streaming ...

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Add it to your car thru her account.
It would be cheaper with the multi radio plan.
We looked at the CC billing and I told them to bill one year of service. Not very smart of me. I believe I’m going to let the service lapse on the Volvo and take it up with SiriusXM next year on the renewal date.

We looked at the CC billing and I told them to bill one year of service. Not very smart of me. I believe I’m going to let the service lapse on the Volvo and take it up with SiriusXM next year on the renewal date.
I do the same thing, except I think I tell them NOT to save my CC info.

Oh goodie. I just got my "Annual Subscription Renewal Notice" @ $23.05/mo. I'm so tired of having to go through this every year. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I got a renewal notice last week for $4 a month. It does not include Stern but his show is so boring now it’s not worth it.

(And I use to be a big Stern fan)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: DS0816 and Foxbat
Here is the email.

I have no need for it as I have a lifetime subscription (with lifetime streaming) and with the lawsuit I now transfered my lifetime radio to my car. For home I use the app or listen on DISH.

4dolla.png

Reactions: Foxbat
That is for the Music & Entertainment package.
Any comparable deals for Platinum ?

Btw, I didn't see that on thier website, but didn't go into too much effort to find it either. Then again, you could have your package for 3 months for a $1 .... kinda doubt thats for everyone or that you could get a year for $4.