Sirius Renewal

Add it to your car thru her account.
It would be cheaper with the multi radio plan.
Mrs. Foxbat received a renewal invite for the newly-expired SiriusXM on the Volvo (see below) so she checked to see what would happen if we added the XC60 to our existing account. Basically, the low promo rate she has would “disappear“ and the second vehicle would be added to the full-price rate. Since her rate was ~$7/mo for Music & Entertainment, jumping to $19/mo. for the Family Plan M&E didn’t seem like a great deal.
I got a renewal notice last week for $4 a month. It does not include Stern but his show is so boring now it’s not worth it.
Only $4/mo.? Must be the "ScottyG Internet Celebrity" rate! ;)
The forwarded message from SiriusXM was for $5/mo for Music & Entertainment for the year. Not quite the ScottyG rate, but close enough! ;)

Attachments

• 1693858907281.jpeg
    1693858907281.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Jimbo
Your doing better than me, I typically can't understand them when I do have to talk to them.

It doesn't take much to SEE the new updated rate that they try to get you to pay.
Awhile back I had 2 radios and probably the top package, I listen to my stuff, she listens to entirely different.
I got that bill ahead of time and it said I owed $600 for the next year ...

I call and told them they must be on Drugs if they think I'm paying that much for a year.

They understood and gave me the rate I had the previous year.
have you tried chatting with em instead of calling in??? it's a hell of alot easier to deal with em over chat than the phone!!!

Reactions: Foxbat
Any comparable deals for Platinum ?

Btw, I didn't see that on thier website, but didn't go into too much effort to find it either. Then again, you could have your package for 3 months for a $1 .... kinda doubt thats for everyone or that you could get a year for $4.
you have to call in threaten to cancel and ask them about em if they have any deals on that plan!!! id'e cancel if they didn't give me a deal on the plan you wanted!!! they will jump through hoops offering you the moon and stars!!! we paid 120.00 for a year for ours!!!

have you tried chatting with em instead of calling in??? it's a hell of alot easier to deal with em over chat than the phone!!!
I did this past year, worked much better, but they still have to go thru the same spiel they went thru for the first radio when doing more than one, so you still get repeated info continuously ... but much better.

Reactions: Foxbat and John2021
I have been renewing through chat for two accounts for the last few years. Paying $12.77 a month for the Platinum plan each on two accounts. I think that’s about a third of the suggested price. Does anyone pay full price?

Well that was interesting. I called to say that my SXM renewal price was too much. We played the back and forth game for a while. I was paying $4.99/mo + fees for the Music and Entertainment package. That's about all I'm willing to pay for something I don't use that much. They told me that the promotion price I was paying for "Music and Entertainment" expired. The lowest she would go is $5.99/mo unless I wanted to switch to the "Music Showcase" for $4.99/mo. I declined and they cancelled my service. :)

I suppose the idea is that too few pay attention to their subscriptions and won't notice when their price goes up by 300%.

I have to say that it was much easier to negotiate this year than it was last time around. The discounted rate also lasts for 24 months.

Reactions: TheKrell and Foxbat
"Music Showcase" for $4.99/mo.
Well, that seemed appealing to me at first. But apparently it doesn't include the Spa sat channel nor any streaming channels such as Spa Instrumental. What an oversight.

Reactions: TRG
I don't freakin' know. After getting a rogue unauthorized bank draft for 214 smackeroos, I haven't missed sexfm for a long time. I still get the deal of the week. I do know if you get a promo 'hit' on your radio and know where to unhook the antenna when you park it, you can keep getting it for long after the promo expires. Just unhook it on the last day and wait a week or 2.
I'd still use a prepaid visa for $5 and load it for a sub. Pay them. Let it run out. And deal again. Four bucks sounds ok locked in for a few years. They need to break that one buck threshold first. With taxes!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 00-34-22 Sirius XM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 00-34-22 Sirius XM.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 63
I don't freakin' know. After getting a rogue unauthorized bank draft for 214 smackeroos, I haven't missed sexfm for a long time. I still get the deal of the week. I do know if you get a promo 'hit' on your radio and know where to unhook the antenna when you park it, you can keep getting it for long after the promo expires. Just unhook it on the last day and wait a week or 2.
I'd still use a prepaid visa for $5 and load it for a sub. Pay them. Let it run out. And deal again. Four bucks sounds ok locked in for a few years. They need to break that one buck threshold first. With taxes!
Where did you find that?

Well that was interesting. I called to say that my SXM renewal price was too much. We played the back and forth game for a while. I was paying package. That's about all I'm willing to pay for something I don't use that much. They told me that the promotion price I was paying for "Music and Entertainment" expired. The lowest she would go is $5.99/mo unless I wanted to switch to the "Music Showcase" for $4.99/mo. I declined and they cancelled my service. :)
That didn't take long. I got a snail mail and an email today saying, "We want you back." They wanted to give me the same deal I had last year. Which is what I was asking for 2 weeks ago and they refused. I think I'm done with these people and their annual subscription games. It's too bad since really do enjoy the service.

Reactions: Bobby