Sirius Renewal

I didnt argue long but i was able to get $86 for a year renew 12/08. Paid $72 last year.

I didnt argue long but i was able to get $86 for a year renew 12/08. Paid $72 last year.
I wouldn’t have argued at all. You tell them you paid $72 last year and that is all it is worth. It’s a take it or leave it. If they won’t go along with it, cancel. In two weeks you will get an offer for $60 a year.

That didn't take long. I got a snail mail and an email today saying, "We want you back." They wanted to give me the same deal I had last year. Which is what I was asking for 2 weeks ago and they refused. I think I'm done with these people and their annual subscription games. It's too bad since really do enjoy the service.
I had the same situation. I received the same letter after cancelling and ignored it. A couple of months later, I received an other mailed offer for the Music and Entertainment package for $4 plus fees and taxes for one year. I accepted that one and now pay a total of $5.19 per month. That is less than the $6.50 I had been paying and that the rep said that she "couldn't match" when I called to cancel.

Reactions: TheKrell
We bought a used car. With it came the 3 month trial subscription. After that came the many calls and letters which I ignored. After about 3 weeks I got an offer for 24 months of Platinum for $5/month ($6.06 with fees). I took that for her car. I then asked about the same offer for my truck. After much fumbling around I was offered the same thing except it was only for 12 months. As I was saying thanks but no thanks, miraculously the 24 months of Platinum for $5/month was found. I accepted that one. Supposedly my account is set for no automatic renewal. I'm 73 and figured that for the price of a hamburger at McDonald's I can get the full package on SXM. Seemed like a good deal since my kids may take the keys away from me one day :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
We bought a used car. With it came the 3 month trial subscription. After that came the many calls and letters which I ignored. After about 3 weeks I got an offer for 24 months of Platinum for $5/month ($6.06 with fees). I took that for her car. I then asked about the same offer for my truck. After much fumbling around I was offered the same thing except it was only for 12 months. As I was saying thanks but no thanks, miraculously the 24 months of Platinum for $5/month was found. I accepted that one. Supposedly my account is set for no automatic renewal. I'm 73 and figured that for the price of a hamburger at McDonald's I can get the full package on SXM. Seemed like a good deal since my kids may take the keys away from me one day :)
My personal opinion. Buried somewhere in this thread. Never do an auto renewal. I would assume that they have your banking info. When renewal time comes up they could slap you with full pricing which might come as a big surprise when you get a bank statement. And a big, big headache trying to resolve the what-the-hell did you do to me thing.
Others might have had different experiences here. If I ever do business with them ever again it will be with a prepaid Visa with just enough on it to keep it active. And for renewals for anyone you subscribe to that might try to sting you when renewal time roll around. The 5 bucks one costs might just be well worth it.
Then again. Opinions may differ.

Like others, I always set a reminder to chat each December. Got the standard $5.99/month ($7.66 fee/tax) for the first 12 months, then it goes back to standard rates. Pretty much the same deal as last year, though this time they would not invoice it and allow me to pay for a year. So, it just bills per month, which I guess is fine. New reminder set for next year to do it. Chat was busy today and took a while to get to someone. Better than calling in.

My personal opinion. Buried somewhere in this thread. Never do an auto renewal. I would assume that they have your banking info. When renewal time comes up they could slap you with full pricing which might come as a big surprise when you get a bank statement. And a big, big headache trying to resolve the what-the-hell did you do to me thing.
Others might have had different experiences here. If I ever do business with them ever again it will be with a prepaid Visa with just enough on it to keep it active. And for renewals for anyone you subscribe to that might try to sting you when renewal time roll around. The 5 bucks one costs might just be well worth it.
Then again. Opinions may differ.
I normally get an email stating the ridiculous cost they charge .... maybe almost a Month ahead of time.

I have decided like others here, to go the Chat route ... I tell them what I have and how much I paid last year.
If they can match it or do better, Great, if not ... i'll move on.

Don't really Want to move on as I use it daily and she uses it as well, but the potential is there.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I saw that. Cancelling should be as easy as clicking a button. I'm not proud of this but I lost my temper with one of the SXM operators a few years ago. She just kept going on and on.....
Yes, about 6-7 years ago.
I use to call in to re sub at a better price than thier outrageous Statement will give you.

I have had many years where they will either Talk and talk and never stop, OR they will try to get you to BUY new Radios ... the radios were pushed hard for awhile, that was a while back though.

The Other current issue, is the language, or lack of being able to understand them.

The last few years I have been using the Chat to re up ...

So here is what i just did a couple of weeks ago. I have a 2012 Colorado pickup that is my weekend driver and only has 50K miles. I have Sat radio in it and active and pay each year with a single-use CC # from my MasterCard. It expires the month my lower price will expire, so they cannot charge when it bumps up. It usually takes 2 - 4 weeks before my radio actually gets shut off. Then wait a couple weeks and get an offer that is usually around the $5 plus tax and fees for another year. Start the cycle over. Been doing this for years.

This year, while I was dead, I stumbled across a web address for a deal that seemed too good to be real. It was a real XM web address and recognized me without logging in since I was already currently logged in to the normal web page. Showed me my vehicle and the status. Gave me an unbelievable option. I paid $99 for three years for the Music & Entertainment package upfront with no auto-renewal. The total with fees was 129.20

That works to an all-in total of 3.59 a month for 36 months.

I do believe that newer vehicles will not qualify for this Not sure of the year.

There are no sports NFL / MLB PbP, and I will miss that a little, but not enough to pay the extra, even at the normal discounted price.

Here is a screenshot of my payment in case you don't believe this deal.

Attachments

• xm.jpg
    xm.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: arlo
That perked me up enough to call SXM and stress speaking with an rep. in the USA. Which turned out to be in Canada. Louis and Ian. Supers. I asked to be connected with one.
The best they can do is $5.00/mo. plus taxes and fees. Works out to $6.31 a month. Over and over.
The second call after reading the long term plan. Same year car. Nope. Fi-dolla' plus fees with auto renewal.
Get that prepaid cc at the Dollar Store!
They 'can't do it'. Of course being the pita I am. Put it all in context. Of course you can.
Everyone. Bomb them with calls. Five bucks flat. No more. Might be a deal breaker for me. In a car I only drive in the summer after the sand and salt washes from the roads.
Even though the XM module is bolted in the car. Three bucks and change would have gotten my business.
It ain't right. The radios are the same thing in almost every vehicle with some exceptions.
It got bumped up to corporate. "Probably" will get a call tomorrow. Stressed that rather than losing customers by the droves due to bad business practices that are well known. Offering a deal like Neb got and why I can't get the same one might gain them. "They can't". BS.
I did read the payment info line by line and the post to Ian. Left him stuttering.

That perked me up enough to call SXM and stress speaking with an rep. in the USA. Which turned out to be in Canada. Louis and Ian. Supers. I asked to be connected with one.
The best they can do is $5.00/mo. plus taxes and fees. Works out to $6.31 a month. Over and over.
The second call after reading the long term plan. Same year car. Nope. Fi-dolla' plus fees with auto renewal.
Get that prepaid cc at the Dollar Store!
They 'can't do it'. Of course being the pita I am. Put it all in context. Of course you can.
Everyone. Bomb them with calls. Five bucks flat. No more. Might be a deal breaker for me. In a car I only drive in the summer after the sand and salt washes from the roads.
Even though the XM module is bolted in the car. Three bucks and change would have gotten my business.
It ain't right. The radios are the same thing in almost every vehicle with some exceptions.
It got bumped up to corporate. "Probably" will get a call tomorrow. Stressed that rather than losing customers by the droves due to bad business practices that are well known. Offering a deal like Neb got and why I can't get the same one might gain them. "They can't". BS.
I did read the payment info line by line and the post to Ian. Left him stuttering.

What year is the vehical? It cannot be active to get the deal I did as I understand. When I am on my home computer I will see if I can find the link i used in my history since it is only a couple of weeks old.

It's a 2012 Mitsubishi After my last post. Lo and behold about an hour or so after, got a call from SXM Corporate Customer Care in S. Africa. Spoke with a gal. Questioned why I was getting a call from there and not from the USA.
Gave a bit of info. and was told that I was eligible for the same deal. Assured that the call was being recorded and took over the subject. Asked why after as many years of receiving daily emails of the same five dollar plus "deal".
From periodically calling them. Always requesting and getting in touch with a super. here in the USA.
Getting a final reply that it was the best deal they could give. But to "keep calling back and who knows".
And discovering that somebody out there was getting not only a price that I found favorable.
But an even better deal. After calling and calling and being put on hold, transferred, disconnected, etc.
And why we couldn't have just cut to the chase. And of course. Why I had been lied to.
Also discussed that the droves of people abandoning SXM due to facts of contract slamming.
Difficulty cancelling, difficulty suspending service and still getting charged.
And how the new secret deal that had up to this point been hidden. A bit of customer discrimination seemed to be apparent. Why instead of losing customers they wouldn't want to gain them.
After a bit of some radios aren't a candidate for the package. And asking why.
In the core of every single radio module. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Ferrari, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc.
The module is a SXM radio. Period. Although due to my disinterest in SXM after the bad experience wasn't aware of any new car features. And that I couldn't take it with me when I parked the car.
All valid stuff.
Plus even though the deal sounded more like what I had used my valuable time over some 10 years of periodic calls to finally find was available (but misled on) .
I had been forced to purchase a prepaid credit card that cost $5.00 plus a loading fee to insure that my personal bank account wouldn't be hit with an unexpected automatic draft.
After my rant. A polite but to the point one. The lady asked me if I was ready to seal the deal.
I declined. Told her that it was a bit early to bring my car out of storage. And made sure that the offer would be open, received a confirmation number.
Then requested that she take the transcript and present it to the person or persons who sit in the softest leather chairs. In the nicest and highest building of SXM.
Then added that an offer like this to others. Without root canal. Could gain them 10, 100, 1000's of new or repeat customers left with a bad taste in their mouths. Instead of losing them daily. Perhaps get them out of future class action lawsuits, scrutiny from the authorities. And simply bad reviews from public forums and websites.

How do you like them apples?