Sirius Renewal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I didnt argue long but i was able to get $86 for a year renew 12/08. Paid $72 last year.

I didnt argue long but i was able to get $86 for a year renew 12/08. Paid $72 last year.
I wouldn’t have argued at all. You tell them you paid $72 last year and that is all it is worth. It’s a take it or leave it. If they won’t go along with it, cancel. In two weeks you will get an offer for $60 a year.

That didn't take long. I got a snail mail and an email today saying, "We want you back." They wanted to give me the same deal I had last year. Which is what I was asking for 2 weeks ago and they refused. I think I'm done with these people and their annual subscription games. It's too bad since really do enjoy the service.
I had the same situation. I received the same letter after cancelling and ignored it. A couple of months later, I received an other mailed offer for the Music and Entertainment package for $4 plus fees and taxes for one year. I accepted that one and now pay a total of $5.19 per month. That is less than the $6.50 I had been paying and that the rep said that she "couldn't match" when I called to cancel.

Reactions: TheKrell
We bought a used car. With it came the 3 month trial subscription. After that came the many calls and letters which I ignored. After about 3 weeks I got an offer for 24 months of Platinum for $5/month ($6.06 with fees). I took that for her car. I then asked about the same offer for my truck. After much fumbling around I was offered the same thing except it was only for 12 months. As I was saying thanks but no thanks, miraculously the 24 months of Platinum for $5/month was found. I accepted that one. Supposedly my account is set for no automatic renewal. I'm 73 and figured that for the price of a hamburger at McDonald's I can get the full package on SXM. Seemed like a good deal since my kids may take the keys away from me one day :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
We bought a used car. With it came the 3 month trial subscription. After that came the many calls and letters which I ignored. After about 3 weeks I got an offer for 24 months of Platinum for $5/month ($6.06 with fees). I took that for her car. I then asked about the same offer for my truck. After much fumbling around I was offered the same thing except it was only for 12 months. As I was saying thanks but no thanks, miraculously the 24 months of Platinum for $5/month was found. I accepted that one. Supposedly my account is set for no automatic renewal. I'm 73 and figured that for the price of a hamburger at McDonald's I can get the full package on SXM. Seemed like a good deal since my kids may take the keys away from me one day :)
My personal opinion. Buried somewhere in this thread. Never do an auto renewal. I would assume that they have your banking info. When renewal time comes up they could slap you with full pricing which might come as a big surprise when you get a bank statement. And a big, big headache trying to resolve the what-the-hell did you do to me thing.
Others might have had different experiences here. If I ever do business with them ever again it will be with a prepaid Visa with just enough on it to keep it active. And for renewals for anyone you subscribe to that might try to sting you when renewal time roll around. The 5 bucks one costs might just be well worth it.
Then again. Opinions may differ.

Like others, I always set a reminder to chat each December. Got the standard $5.99/month ($7.66 fee/tax) for the first 12 months, then it goes back to standard rates. Pretty much the same deal as last year, though this time they would not invoice it and allow me to pay for a year. So, it just bills per month, which I guess is fine. New reminder set for next year to do it. Chat was busy today and took a while to get to someone. Better than calling in.

Reactions: TheKrell
My personal opinion. Buried somewhere in this thread. Never do an auto renewal. I would assume that they have your banking info. When renewal time comes up they could slap you with full pricing which might come as a big surprise when you get a bank statement. And a big, big headache trying to resolve the what-the-hell did you do to me thing.
Others might have had different experiences here. If I ever do business with them ever again it will be with a prepaid Visa with just enough on it to keep it active. And for renewals for anyone you subscribe to that might try to sting you when renewal time roll around. The 5 bucks one costs might just be well worth it.
Then again. Opinions may differ.
I normally get an email stating the ridiculous cost they charge .... maybe almost a Month ahead of time.

I have decided like others here, to go the Chat route ... I tell them what I have and how much I paid last year.
If they can match it or do better, Great, if not ... i'll move on.

Don't really Want to move on as I use it daily and she uses it as well, but the potential is there.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
  • Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons