Dolby Digital Keeps Changing to PCM

Bugger1114

Original poster
Sep 22, 2021
Kentucky
I have a DirecTv Genie HR54-700 and for the last couple of weeks anytime a program is paused for more than a minute it loses Dolby Digital and switches to PCM. It does this with both live and recorded programs. The only way to get DD back is to either change the channel or go the audio settings in the menus and switch Dolby off then back on.

I have reset the receiver, replaced all cables, and bypassed my Sony soundbar by hooking straight to my Sony X900F television. But the issue is still there even using the TV for sound, so not a cable or soundbar issue.

I'm thinking it must be a bug with the last Receiver update on 09/02/2021 since that's when I started noticing it. Anyone else having similar issues or have a suggestion on how to fix? I know I can turn Dolby off but that defeats the purpose of surround sound. Very annoying issue for sure.

Thanks to all for your input.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bugger1114!
I have the same Genie but haven't noticed this issue. Have you checked at www.iamanedgecutter.com? That's the site for beta testers. They may have some info on this.

I have a DirecTv Genie HR54-700 and for the last couple of weeks anytime a program is paused for more than a minute it loses Dolby Digital and switches to PCM. It does this with both live and recorded programs. The only way to get DD back is to either change the channel or go the audio settings in the menus and switch Dolby off then back on.

I have reset the receiver, replaced all cables, and bypassed my Sony soundbar by hooking straight to my Sony X900F television. But the issue is still there even using the TV for sound, so not a cable or soundbar issue.

I'm thinking it must be a bug with the last Receiver update on 09/02/2021 since that's when I started noticing it. Anyone else having similar issues or have a suggestion on how to fix? I know I can turn Dolby off but that defeats the purpose of surround sound. Very annoying issue for sure.

0x159A is in active stream now --unless your receiver already has this?

That site Chip (raoul) gave you is where you will find some of the info about the new issue about the video and the pause ads and a little bit about about this issue specifically. I am the same person who posted to you on dbs, assuming it's you with the same screenname!