DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/8/2024

Interesting, but there must be some limitation that prevents instead substituting the program info directly from the PSIP data.
I'm not sure what it would show in place of the long name (Notes_0 on the maps) and description (Notes_1) for those channels though.

PSIP data is barebones and useless for DVR purposes. It doesn't have the unique identifiers that DVR software uses to keep track of individual series and episodes (i.e. how your DVR knows the difference between ABC's Goldbergs and the 1950s Goldbergs that airs on JLTV). And if you're lucky you might get several days, but most stations, including WOLF, only do the bare minimum of 12 hours, so it would need to constantly takeover a tuner to scan every stored channel to keep the guide populated.

While looking through the latest map, I noticed for the Washington DC DMA (Which I have been to before, mostly in the Virginia portion) that WDCW Channel 50 is not mapped to the Nexstar dispute looping video like it's sister station WDVM. I assume it is just showing the "no longer available, we regret any inconvenience" slate with the offline slate music in the background like they initially put up on most of the other spotbeam feeds before remapping them to the national feed with the Nexstar video on it.

9008 - Testing the experience for WABC LIL
9009 - Testing the experience for WABC DNS
9010 - Testing the experience for KABC LIL
9011 - Testing the experience for KABC DNS
Other than of course the channel number, name, and description, I don't see a difference between the LIL and DNS NY & LA Big 4 feeds.

It looks like the SD/Ku offline slate is down. I just tried tuning to two Ku offline channels (574 PPV and 608-2 SCSP) and I just got black screens with no error message. HD/Ka offline channels do show the Ka offline slate, as intended.
And I do get 100 signal strength on 101 tp22, so it's not me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
Still getting black screens on Ku offline channels. I’m not sure if they’re just not feeding anything to that PID or my receiver can’t recognize such a PID number (03AC) and acts like there’s no feed present. I’m guessing the latter is what’s happening, as I don’t even get the white flash that I normally get before I get a picture when I tune to a channel.

Still getting black screens on Ku offline channels. I’m not sure if they’re just not feeding anything to that PID or my receiver can’t recognize such a PID number (03AC) and acts like there’s no feed present. I’m guessing the latter is what’s happening, as I don’t even get the white flash that I normally get before I get a picture when I tune to a channel.
I have only seen this on my HR44. I hav e yet to check my C51.
I am not sure if it's some kind of uplink equipment that's having problems again (but again I'm not even getting at least a 771 or 775 error and I have a 100 signal strength on 101 tpn22) or there's just no actual feed present on PID 03AC of 101 tpn22.

Possible shutdown of Oklahoma City SD locals soon? Noticed their Ion station (KOPX 62) is mapped to what WAS the Ku offline slate but is now just a black screen.

I have only seen this on my HR44. I hav e yet to check my C51.
I am not sure if it's some kind of uplink equipment that's having problems again (but again I'm not even getting at least a 771 or 775 error and I have a 100 signal strength on 101 tpn22) or there's just no actual feed present on PID 03AC of 101 tpn22.
I checked on my C51 and I also get a black screen on Ku offline channels. Definitely sounds like no feed present to me.

... I am not sure if it's some kind of uplink equipment that's having problems again (but again I'm not even getting at least a 771 or 775 error and I have a 100 signal strength on 101 tpn22) or there's just no actual feed present on PID 03AC of 101 tpn22.

VPID 03AC is the standard assignment for Offline Ku records. Your having no actual feed would make sense...

Your having no actual feed would make sense...
How? I've always been able to see the Ku offline slate on Ku offline channels for YEARS. And now I suddenly just get a black screen. No DirecTV logo with music in the background like it usually shows.
You can even try seeing for yourself.

Last week the judge moved the hearing to tomorrow, but for the first time in several weeks, they were testing the DBACKS feed again this morning with a repeat of MLBN's 4/3 Phillies @ Yankees telecast.

Last week they also dropped their objection to the Suns moving to Gray's AZ Family Sports, and the Coyotes' long term future in Arizona is also in limbo.

Attachments

• DBACKS-230717T154236Z.jpg
    DBACKS-230717T154236Z.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
How come none of this is affecting the South/Southeast, Florida/Sun, or Detroit teams?
Also, do you know if the Reds got their payment? You said they had one due 2 days ago

Because those deals are more favorable to Diamond. i.e. They have the direct to consumer MLB rights for Florida/Sun (Marlins/Rays) and Detroit (Tigers), so they don't want to lose them, while even though they don't have the D2C rights to the Braves, their 8 state TV territory is massive enough that they still make a profit.

The REDS feed is still showing the Comcast Technology Solutions test pattern and hasn't switched back to the slate or shown any MLBN tests like the DBACKS feed did this morning, so odds are they made the payment or reached an extension.