SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
s_hasek_vt.jpg
t1_hasek2_si.jpg

_39563967_dallas_stars_300.jpg

The Dominator is going to hang up his pads.

This is big news for some of us- Red Wing fan Jimbo (He DID win twice against Nashville) and myself (Sabres fan).

How will YOU guys remember the flippy-floppy goalie?

The Dominator was one of the best goalies I've ever seen, especially in his prime with the Sabres. He stonewalled my Bruins on more than a few occasions.

The Dominator was one of the best goalies I've ever seen, especially in his prime with the Sabres. He stonewalled my Bruins on more than a few occasions.

Boy, was I lucky.

You were around when Larry Legend, Neely and Bourque were at their peaks, Sandra was there when Leetch and Richter were at their peaks.

I was there when Hasek was at his peak...

hasekdominikBUF032.jpg

I like Dom and I am sure the Wings would welcome him back for another season. He is still a very solid goalie, but certainly nowhere near his prime. Having said that, Osgood has proven that he will be Detroit's #1 netminder next year....so it's probably time for Hasek to hang-up his skates and call an end to a storied career.

Although he would have prefered to go out as the winning goalie, he is going on as a Stanley Cup champion...plus, the Wings provided him with "his moment" back in 2002.

The fans have nothing but best wishes and warm regards for the Dominator. Of course, his is welcome to stick around for another season.

Honestly, I saw good riddance to him. I admire his skill and carrer, definately one of the best, but the way he bailed and distracted the team a couple years back, then his return to the Wings caused the Wings staff to screw Cujo.

I still think the Wings should have had Legace and Osgood over Hasek/osgood.

I gotta admire Dom's competitiveness and desire to contribute. His ego is down a bit (as is Osgoods) so both didn't mind sharing the role for the team but it was nice to hear comments from both that they wanted to be the starting goalie. I wouldn't wants a guy who is happy to be the backup.

Dom's a definite HOF'er on his 1st chance, he did alot for the game back in he higher ratings days. Not too many goalies get commercials or promo's based on them. His method was not always comforting to watch, but he made some exciting saves over the years and frustrated many the visiting team and fans.

I use to hate that guy so much when he played with Buffalo! I love the one playoff game where Keith Jones ran into him behind the net three or four times. He was a great goalie back then and also a great actor. I think he dove more professionally then Greg Louganis. Isn't this his second time retiring?

I saw him play with the Indianapolis Ice when he was property of the Blackhawks in the late 80s. He is the type of player if he's is not on your team, you hate him, if he is on your team you love him. If I owned a team, I would want him on it.

Thoughts? I say "GOOD", "It's about time." The bad part of it is some innocent roller hockey player will get beat down by him in a meaningless game and he will flee back to the NHL.

He was a GREAT goalie with Buffalo, I thought he was not the Great goalie with the Wings, very good, but not great.
I preferred Ozzie, saw him when he first came up, I've always been a fan of Ozzie.

I too think Hasek screwed things up with the Wings awhile back when he came back, it should have been Ozzie and Legace, didn't like the move to get rid of Legace either.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)