Downgrade Fee

Is Dish still charging this? I just got rid of HBO and they didn't hit me with any downgrade fee.

It's still being charged. At their website, though, the wording is that you ***may*** be hit with a downgrade fee. ????

Ask the CSR if they will waive the $5 fee for you. They usually don't have a problem doing it.

the CSR didn't think twice about it when I mentioned I was dropping Platinum and they better not charge me the fee, because of them dropping my favorite (VOOM) channels, and then they dropped Smithsonian, and how long I had waited patiently for something useful to be added.

the CSR didn't think twice about it when I mentioned I was dropping Platinum and they better not charge me the fee, because of them dropping my favorite (VOOM) channels, and then they dropped Smithsonian, and how long I had waited patiently for something useful to be added.

Yeah, CI and BET Jazz don't quite fill the bill on that one. :(

Ask the CSR if they will waive the $5 fee for you. They usually don't have a problem doing it.
Yep I usually ask if there is a downgrade fee to which they usually tell me yes. I then ask if there is any way they can waive it and I don't think I've ever had them tell me know. No I don't add and drop channels weekly maybe 2 or 3 times a year max and I doubt I do it that much but so far they have always waved it for me.

Usually the only time I do it is I add Showtime for Dexter and keep it for the few months Dexter is on then drop it for the rest of the year as there is nothing else on Showtime I really care to watch and I hardly ever saw a movie on there that I wanted to see.

Got Zapped with Downgrade Fee

Just downgraded from Everything Pack + PlatinumHD + Superstations to Classic Gold + Gold HD w/o Superstations and Starz and Cinemax. Haven't got the bill yet, but I did it online and the summary included a tad over $11 in "fees".

wow this is 1st i heard of this god they chrge for eveything cant belve there this greedy.. there lucky u dont cancel instead of down grading

They should only charge us downgrade fees if we get to also charge them downgrade fees everytime they drop channels.

I think eventually we'll find that the only content worth watching will have a per viewing charge something like video on demand or pay per view.

About 8 eight years ago when they had lots of distant locals it was the 5 dollar charge which discouraged changing - then Charlie wanted us to get Nashville channels for sports but it was too late - no more distants by a new law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)