Downgrade Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is Dish still charging this? I just got rid of HBO and they didn't hit me with any downgrade fee.

It's still being charged. At their website, though, the wording is that you ***may*** be hit with a downgrade fee. ????

Ask the CSR if they will waive the $5 fee for you. They usually don't have a problem doing it.

the CSR didn't think twice about it when I mentioned I was dropping Platinum and they better not charge me the fee, because of them dropping my favorite (VOOM) channels, and then they dropped Smithsonian, and how long I had waited patiently for something useful to be added.

the CSR didn't think twice about it when I mentioned I was dropping Platinum and they better not charge me the fee, because of them dropping my favorite (VOOM) channels, and then they dropped Smithsonian, and how long I had waited patiently for something useful to be added.

Yeah, CI and BET Jazz don't quite fill the bill on that one. :(

Ask the CSR if they will waive the $5 fee for you. They usually don't have a problem doing it.
Yep I usually ask if there is a downgrade fee to which they usually tell me yes. I then ask if there is any way they can waive it and I don't think I've ever had them tell me know. No I don't add and drop channels weekly maybe 2 or 3 times a year max and I doubt I do it that much but so far they have always waved it for me.

Usually the only time I do it is I add Showtime for Dexter and keep it for the few months Dexter is on then drop it for the rest of the year as there is nothing else on Showtime I really care to watch and I hardly ever saw a movie on there that I wanted to see.

Got Zapped with Downgrade Fee

Just downgraded from Everything Pack + PlatinumHD + Superstations to Classic Gold + Gold HD w/o Superstations and Starz and Cinemax. Haven't got the bill yet, but I did it online and the summary included a tad over $11 in "fees".

wow this is 1st i heard of this god they chrge for eveything cant belve there this greedy.. there lucky u dont cancel instead of down grading

They should only charge us downgrade fees if we get to also charge them downgrade fees everytime they drop channels.

I think eventually we'll find that the only content worth watching will have a per viewing charge something like video on demand or pay per view.

About 8 eight years ago when they had lots of distant locals it was the 5 dollar charge which discouraged changing - then Charlie wanted us to get Nashville channels for sports but it was too late - no more distants by a new law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts