Downgrade Mess

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

imagine

Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I used live chat to change from AEP + locals with Gold and Platinum HD to DDA TurboHD with the HBO / Starz promo and Cinemax promo. This was confirmed by CSR except he said DVR fees were completely waved (what?), something not even available in DDA. So, I said OK just give me the locals instead of DDA.

I have 2 622s. (Dish would not let me have a 2nd 622 when I asked, but sent me one by mistake when I replaced a bad 622 & 211 !)

I didn't notice any change in programming so I thought he goofed or something didn't go through and I would call Monday, maybe better chances with a Daylight Supervisor.

Then I saw my bill.

On My Account the programming was : Classic Silver 200 with Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pak, HBO, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!, Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, Local Channels, PlatinumHD, GoldHD, CCSN, MID-ATLANTIC SPORTS NETWORK (MASN), DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO, DISH Network DVR Service Fee

Not only was the programming wrong but the charges didn't seem correct. So, I emailed ceo at dish with a copy of the Live Chat.

Got a call back from Dish today. He was very polite and changed the programming to what I had asked for. But he could not explain to my satisfaction the billing. My previous bill was a normal bill with no DVR fees and $5.41 in taxes.(2 HD DVRs, AEP+ locals, GoldHD, PlatinumHD) Here is what my new bill looks like :

Service Date(s) Detailed Charges
Previous Balance $132.39
Jan 31 Credit Card Payment -132.39
---------
$0.00

From To Current Month Charges

Mar 04 - Apr 03 DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 - You 57.99
Saved $0.98!
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
6 Premium Package 60.00
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By
Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line
/ Broadband.) 0.00
Duo Receiver - (You Saved $5 With DishDVR
Advantage!) 0.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
-------
$130.97
From To Partial Month Charges
This section shows any changes that have been made to your account since your last bill.
Feb 18 - Mar 03 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 2.99
GoldHD -5.00
PlatinumHD -5.00
6 Premium Package 29.99
America's Everything Pak -51.48
DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 - You 28.98
Saved $0.98!
-------
Adjustments $0.48

Feb 17 3 Mths Prem Offer 1 of 3 - Adjustment -20.00
3 Mths Prem Offer 2 of 3 - Adjustment -20.00
-------
$ -40.00

Taxes

Feb 19 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 5.17
Total AutoPay on Mar 11, 2009 $96.62

Interesting that the package they came up with is $3.99 more than the AEP I had. I expected a $3 increase with the new rates.

It looks to me the extra $1 is in the $5.98 charge for DVR instead of $5 with DDA. This what I could not get across to Executive Service. He just kept saying they had to split out the charges because people complained about hidden charges. I kept saying they added up to $12.98 not $12! Also I said the 6 Premium Package was not too clear.

Oh well, the main thing is I'm paying in advance for programming I'm not getting. He said they would credit next months bill and not charge me a $5 downgrade fee.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)