Downgrade Welcome Pack, Locals, & ala carte EuroNews to Welcome Pack & EuroNews possible?

Amiga

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Okay I have the Welcome Pack with locals and I'm grandfathered into ala carte EuroNews on 118.7° I'd like to drop the locals, but keep my ala carte EuroNews, to save $5. Any advice so that my account doesn't get screwed up?

Wow, did Dish increase EuroNews by a buck, wasn't it $1.99 before? Nothing like nickel-and-diming.

Okay I have the Welcome Pack with locals and I'm grandfathered into ala carte EuroNews on 118.7° I'd like to drop the locals, but keep my ala carte EuroNews, to save $5. Any advice so that my account doesn't get screwed up?

Wow, did Dish increase EuroNews by a buck, wasn't it $1.99 before? Nothing like nickel-and-diming.

I can't answer your question for sure, many of the packs don't allow you to drop locals, don't know about the Welcome pack. I do agree you have to be careful that they don't change something you don't want changed. I would strongly suggest using one of the online CSR's here.

I have to ask, what you mean my nickel and diming? Do you know what it costs dish to carry EuroNews? Neither do I. But did you pay more for Gas today than last year? Electricity? So did Dish.

It is probably off topic but speaking of gas prices, I'd say DISH may see many more requests from people seeking more affordable programming. As for EuroNews... The cost to provide it probably went up. I think locals are to be included with all packages now. Still, I would try to save the $5 if I could get an acceptable OTA signal.

Hi Amiga, when we started carrying locals in all areas, we changed the packages to include locals and they cannot be removed. EuroNews as of February 1st is an al a carte option again but the price is now $3.00 a month, so it did go up for those who had been grandfathered previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)