Downgraded HD signal?

I myself use to have the former hd receiver 311 which had very limited HD channels and now have the VIP211 with alot more hd channels but i notice a litle diference in crispy images. compared to the 311 old receiver i thinkd the 311receiver had a crispier pic either that or the compressed signal to make more room for more hd made it degrading, or they made it on puirpous so the can sell more of this new turbo hd i think all this is all about sucking as much as they can from this new technology HD.botom line.

I think you mean 811. The 311 is an SD receiver.

I think you mean 811. The 311 is an SD receiver.

You're right was the 811 now have vip 211 with the bronze package, with 110,61.5,119 SATs. i notice a diference in quality pic, it's noticeble, i use to change to 720p in the 811 and change to 1080I and noticed a diference in pic crispiness, it look like in the discovery chan. as a reference, now the 1080I is more like the 720P of the 811.(A Quote from me)? if it would not be worse hd how could the sell the turbo stuff we call this greedy greedy, where countrys that there signal feeds and tv get the best signal they can and best pic technology here they suck and suck to the bone,

You're right was the 811 now have vip 211 with the bronze package, with 110,61.5,119 SATs. i notice a diference in quality pic, it's noticeble, i use to change to 720p in the 811 and change to 1080I and noticed a diference in pic crispiness, it look like in the discovery chan. as a reference, now the 1080I is more like the 720P of the 811.(A Quote from me)? if it would not be worse hd how could the sell the turbo stuff we call this greedy greedy, where countrys that there signal feeds and tv get the best signal they can and best pic technology here they suck and suck to the bone,

The whole "TurboHD" was just a marketing gimmick which referred only to the name of an all HD package. Many people have been taking the campaign to mean it was some sort of super HD quality. Maybe that's part of what they were after.

- On September 17, the last MPEG2-HD channels wll be changed to MPEG4-HD: Discovery HD Theater, ESPN, TNT, HD-Net, HDnet-Movies, HBO-East-HD and SHO-East-HD. Gauging by previous channels that underwent that change, it should make for better picture quality for those handful of original HD channels.
Is it known if the MPEG-2 versions will still be available on 6201-6207 after this change?? It would be neat to be able to do a "side-by-side" comparison...